waiting for Regen on L3901

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
I bought a used 2014 3901. It had 141 hours on the clock and a dead computer.

The computer was replaced by the dealership under warranty and the machine now runs like a top. I have never used a Kubota this new DPF and regen process so I am kinda anxious to make sure I do it right.

I now have 165 hours on the clock and have not been through a regen yet. Unless it did it while I was bush hogging and I never noticed. (Possible but not likely) Can the dealer plug in to the computer and tell me when the last regen was?

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
I can not answer your direct question, but the longest my L3901 went between regens was 24 hours...right where you are at now. And that was stump grinding running the engine at PTO speed similar to what you are doing with brush hogging. Maybe next time out?

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
My similar size 4060 averages 57h between regens, with a total of 4 so far. Everyone seems to have different hours between. Do the L01 tractors show the dpf percentage full on the dash?
Other than the pushbutton light, I would not have noticed my regens while operating.
I did watch a Messicks YouTube video about regeneration, and they plugged in a computer to show dpf status.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
20 hours is low if you been brush hogging, the more you putt around with it the more regens. the harder you work with it the less regens. It is just a fire brick cermic filter if the holes get plugged up it will start the regen process. Just keep using the machine.

I would look around the filter area if you got that uint from a dealer they may have changed the filter to a new one or the previous owner might have modified it.