valves clearance

vm5

Oct 15, 2012
Padova, Italy
I have a little question about valves clerance for a kubota Aste a155 with d905 engine. I bought it and I'm checking that everything it's ok before starting with a massive use. About the valves clearance I need a confirmation about the 0,145 max 0,185 measure that i found for this engine. I have a doubt because I found that all the valves on the engine measured about 0,22 and I fixed all in a range of about 0,16/0,17. Now, after that, the engine start very well as usual but it seems to smoke black more than usual. I don't know if the falling of outside temperature, in these days, could cause it. I had only a doubt about the position 1TC on the flywheel because it's impossible to see it without dismounting the engine and I seen no one mark in other parts of the engine. I follow my experience with the motor bikes to find, as usual, the TDC and I'm sure about it. I was only thinking that perhaps a too tight clearance could cause an incrased smoke (I try it only for few minutes without attempting to a medium temperature). Somebody has an idea?