Using 3 Point Without raising/Lowers the Deck.

chieffan

Equipment
B7100HST w/RC60-71B Deck
Jan 12, 2016
SW Iowa Adams county
Did a search but must not have worded it right as I did not come up with anything. Found nothing in the tractor or deck operators manuals either. Have 1990 B7100 with a 5'deck. The 3 point lift arm raise and lower the deck. Is there a way to lock the deck up so the 3 point can be used with other attachments?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
On my first Kubota with a belly Mower,
It had a cross angle (fender to fender)behind and under the seat, I drilled a 5/16 hole on each side in line with the chains that lifted the deck. Than I would lift the deck all the way up, place blocks under the deck, then let the lift arms down until the chains had slack in them, Than put a Turn-buckle in the drilled hole and hooked the lift chain to the other end of the turn buckle and tighten them up till the deck touched the belly of the tractor. Worked great for me never had to take the mower off.
Hopes this helps..........

chieffan

Equipment
B7100HST w/RC60-71B Deck
Jan 12, 2016
SW Iowa Adams county
Thanks much Orange Turbo. I thought it was going to take an add on of some kind but wasn't quite sure where the best place would be for it. Putting the deck itself on and off isn't bad. It is the PTO that is a real pain. Trying to slide it one way while holding the collar the opposite direction. Would much rather have a pin with R clip. But we work with what we have.

chieffan

Equipment
B7100HST w/RC60-71B Deck
Jan 12, 2016
SW Iowa Adams county
Checked out the lift set up on the deck today. No chains, just leverage arm that come back and hook over the lower 3 point arms. No place under or behind the set for anything that would not interfere with other operational items. At this point not sure I will keep the deck, not there is anything wrong with it but don't really need another mowing unit as I have a ZTR 48" now. Would like to trade the deck towards a decent loader. Any takers? ?