Trouble finding pto shaft with shearbolt for B6000

yyri

Equipment
b6000, rototiller, rear blade, atv trailer
Jun 19, 2023
Finland
I'm not finding small enough PTO shaft for rotary tiller and flail mowerfor my kubota. I live in Finland so it's a challenge for finding small accessories. The smallest shafts with shearbolt start from 25kW. Usually that's not a problem, but would the shear bolt be too strong to shear before the b6000 stalls if the tiller gets properly jammed?
The space between tractor and implements are also quite small.

Now I have Kramp T10 shaft without shear bolt and I'm afraid to go tilling with it, used it with the flail mower mainly now.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
YOU decide what shear bolt goes in ! A proper shear bolt will have a groove cut into it, but for years I've used regular Grade 5 bolts on my 5'wide, 40HP tiller. I KNOW they break when a rock gets stuck in the tiller. You could use Grade 2 bolt as a shear bolt, run the tiller. if it breaks for no real apparent reasn, install a grade 5. Grade 2 here have NO markings on the bolt head, grade 5 have 3 lines. Go online to find a comparison chart for Metric equals.

Reactions: 1 user

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
What type of tiller and mower do you have? My gut feeling is the best place to make the protection not at the shaft itself but rather at the implement itself.

protection at the pto shaft of Comer shafts (They build the Kramp shafts if I remember right or at least used to?) usually made at the implement not at the shaft. Comer shafts are nicely made.

yyri

Equipment
Jun 19, 2023
Finland
Mateng TL85 tiller and NEFL95 flail mower.

Slip clutch would be a good consideration, as it could be adjusted, I'll check out those if there are small ones available. But first I'll have to check the implements if there are shear bolts already in those.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Mateng TL85 tiller and NEFL95 flail mower.

Slip clutch would be a good consideration, as it could be adjusted, I'll check out those if there are small ones available. But first I'll have to check the implements if there are shear bolts already in those.
The original B6000 tiller connected slightly different than a normal three point tiller.
It used a different lift linkage and a constant velocity joint to get it done.

I take it you already have a adapter gearbox on it, to change direction and spline count, and that adapter which shortens the distance even more.

One option if available locally would be a quick hitch as that will move the tiller back a distance, making it easier to get a PTO shaft to fit.

yyri

Equipment
Jun 19, 2023
Finland
The original B6000 tiller connected slightly different than a normal three point tiller.
It used a different lift linkage and a constant velocity joint to get it done.

I take it you already have a adapter gearbox on it, to change direction and spline count, and that adapter which shortens the distance even more.

One option if available locally would be a quick hitch as that will move the tiller back a distance, making it easier to get a PTO shaft to fit.
Thank you all for the suggestions
It has a pto reverser.
Quick attach systems aren't really popular here and may be difficult to get. I think second best option would be to make longer lower linkage arms, I'll have to weigh the options.

Pic of the machine with tiller and mower if anyone is interested to see the darn thing..

1709055148713.png

1709055162980.png

1709055188470.png

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
My Rhino tiller has a yoke at the implement that has a shear pin on the yoke like this
IMG_0092.jpeg

Is that what you’re looking for?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Thank you all for the suggestions
It has a pto reverser.
Quick attach systems aren't really popular here and may be difficult to get. I think second best option would be to make longer lower linkage arms, I'll have to weigh the options.

Pic of the machine with tiller and mower if anyone is interested to see the darn thing..

View attachment 123150

View attachment 123151

View attachment 123152
That's the cleanest B6000 I've ever seen!!