trash in fuel

rovdrew

Equipment
BX 2670RCK60B-23BX mower deck. LA243A Front loader
Apr 21, 2024
Louisiana
BX 2670 has been stalling after 1 to 2 hours of use. narrowed it down to fuel restriction. Had already changed fuel filters, so now drained tank with a pump. I then removed the first filter. No fuel came out of the outlet hose when I removed the filter. Blew compressed air in hose and 1/2 gallon of fuel poured out. Filled tank with water and emptied with shop vac several times. Got a June bug and smaller stuff. Now drying tank by blowing hot air with shop vac.
Question what is best way to completely dry tank before adding new fuel. Are there additives? what is a fuel snake and do they work? Also does it make sense to install a water Seperator fuel filter in place of the first filter?

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
BX 2670 has been stalling after 1 to 2 hours of use. narrowed it down to fuel restriction. Had already changed fuel filters, so now drained tank with a pump. I then removed the first filter. No fuel came out of the outlet hose when I removed the filter. Blew compressed air in hose and 1/2 gallon of fuel poured out. Filled tank with water and emptied with shop vac several times. Got a June bug and smaller stuff. Now drying tank by blowing hot air with shop vac.
Question what is best way to completely dry tank before adding new fuel. Are there additives? what is a fuel snake and do they work? Also does it make sense to install a water Seperator fuel filter in place of the first filter?
Let it sit for a few days. Or run isopropyl alcohol through it. The alcohol should grab the water and evaporate it out

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

yorkies77

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Let it sit for a few days. Or run isopropyl alcohol through it. The alcohol should grab the water and evaporate it out
I bought a cold coffee and tea filter that fits in a mason jar and it works great for a filter for the fuel tank on my bx23s.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious, had a look at the tank online.... best plan ...remove it !
Had similar problem with my BX23S tank ( 3 'chambered' ) and really it's unlikely you can get 100% of the crap out while in the tractor. You can easily blow/slosh the bad stuff here ,there, everywhere except OUT of the tank.
Yes it could be a pain.. the BX23s was 'entertaining ' to say the least but after 5 YEARS ( 1000+ hrs) I've had ZERO issues. Pulled the tank, flushed with water, flushed with alcohol(winter squirter fluid...),blown out with compressed air, left in hot sun for 5 hours.
OK, maybe overkill BUT I'm 100% SURE there ain't NOTHING in the tank !!
I did install one of those cold brew coffee filters, $12 CDN from TEMU, less than 1/3 of Amazon's price !