Tow Vehicle?? What do you tow your Kubota with??

IC-Smoke

Equipment
B2400, ZD28, BX24
Dec 16, 2010
Pittsford, MI
hahah I dont know about that one. If they would ever make a good motor they might be a contender but for now they can have the F150 claim to fame. :rolleyes:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Like they say " I'd rather be strokin then cummin" The 7.3L Power Stroke diesel was a brick shit house that Ford had put in their trucks for years. Which came from Navistar aka International. The 7.3L Power Stroke is the same block and componenants as the DT 444E from Navistar. The screw ups that Ford is having these days when they went to the 6.0L diesel and all the other crap they put in there is an end result of Navistar screw ups. Talking to a buddy of mine who works for at a local International dealership told me that the light to medium duty truck have had all the same problems Ford's been having with their diesels. You can order a Cummins diesel and have it put in a Ford or a Toyota for that matter, Dodge just doesnt build a transmission that can hold up to and withstand the power from the Cummins. I've heard guys who owned a Dodge with a Cummins and a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission have problems keeping a tranny in the truck.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I agree with you on the 7.3 Eric. I love mine. We can all thank our all knowing government for the 7.3 going away. The EPA wouldn't let it pass the latest standards. I guess it wasn't good enough for them to ruin our fuel, they had to make it hard on the engine manufacturers also. I guess since the GOV let all our jobs go to china they figured we no longer needed a dependable truck.

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Whew! Maybe no one will see this. I pull my L3240 on a 6X16 dual axle trailer. My truck is white and was made in Japan. In fact, everything I own that has an internal combustion engine was made in Japan except my Stihl chainsaw.

Pressure washer: Honda
Scag Mower: Kawasaki
Rhino: Yamaha

My wife was born in Georgia. ;)

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Whew! Maybe no one will see this. I pull my L3240 on a 6X16 dual axle trailer. My truck is white and was made in Japan. In fact, everything I own that has an internal combustion engine was made in Japan except my Stihl chainsaw.

Pressure washer: Honda
Scag Mower: Kawasaki
Rhino: Yamaha

My wife was born in Georgia. ;)

LOL :D :D :D :D :D

At least the truck is white. :D

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Like they say " I'd rather be strokin then cummin"

Awwww that strokin and cummin is masturbation for boys. :D :D :D

Men run it to the MAX with an Allison. :D :D :D :D LOL

I see the new heads up with the big three diesel programs still has the DMax in the lead. Ford immediately issued a re-flash to pump up the new 6.7L some more cuz it just lacked too much.

I towed with the Dmax last weekend for the first time. It was awesome! I was only using 30% of the trucks load rating but it drove the same as empty. Very nice!!! So far I am very pleased with it.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Oh I dont know. Speaking from experiance I've owned 2 Chevy's and 2 Ford's in my day. My first truck was a 95 GMC Sierra 1500. It did alright for a half ton, I did have to add leaf springs to the rear to stiffen that up a bit. Managed to move damn near 10,000 pounds with it. My second truck was a 03 Ford F150 with a V6. It did fine with loads around 5,000 pounds. She was my pride and job and the nicest truck I have owned to date but I lost my job and she was repoed. The two twenty year old turds I own now are a 88 Chevy C30 one ton. My dad has owned that truck since 1990ish and that damn thing is on its 3rd motor now. The C30 moves 12,000lbs pretty nicely, just dont expect to go far from a gas station. And last but not least the trusty rusty 87 Ford Bronco which still has factory everything in her for the most part. Not really sure what a full size Bronco is capable of hauling. I dont think its much I'm sure.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
A couple of years ago a friend of mine hauled 38,000 lbs of white oak logs to the mill with his 95 dodge 1 ton and 35ft goose neck trailer. That weight didn't include the truck and trailer. It was the actual pay load. He said it was hard to start off and even worse to stop. I'm glad I had nothing to do with any of that deal.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Ford also has a documented case of a customer complaining about low power in an F350. The problem was the customer was literally trying to move 90,000LBS with it!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: Silly boy, tricks are for kids.

The real world numbers and ratings are the only place to have an accident and not get gutted by the DOT, court, prison or the insurance company. ;)

Even by the numbers the Dmax is very impressive with 397HP and 750Tq from the factory and that is not near what it can do.

Now that Ford went to the same injector control method that the Dmax has used from day 1, Piezo actuated injection, some of the short falls of the 7.3L, oil actuated injectors, are much improved

Really gotta hand it to the Cummins mill too........they have the most stroke in an engine of all the big three at 4.88" WOW that is huge.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
A couple of years ago a friend of mine hauled 38,000 lbs of white oak logs to the mill with his 95 dodge 1 ton and 35ft goose neck trailer. That weight didn't include the truck and trailer. It was the actual pay load. He said it was hard to start off and even worse to stop. I'm glad I had nothing to do with any of that deal.

Talk about a "white knuckle ride" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I know about that kind of insane risks as my butt chewed holes in the seat of an overloaded truck that my dad made me drive when I was a kid. The serverity of our situation got out of control and into a ditch. I will not push the limits like that myself. Control is far better to me than running on the edge and hoping it doesn't cave in.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Ok, I finally got some updated pics of my "RockMax" LOL LOL LOL :D
We traveled in it over the holidays. Did great for the kids with the rear entertainment system and handled the road with the Delphi in dash touch screen Nav system. Love the power of this beast!!!!!

I am so ready for boating season and a BIGGER boat. :D :D :D

The badging has obviously been changed a little.................by me. I moved the Duramax badge to the hood to have the late model appearance and I'm still going to put "Silverado" on the doors just like the late model pickups. The 3500HD just seems so redundant on the driver door so I want the silverado badge like the 1500/2500 trucks do. If you see the Duramax badge and the DRW's and don't know it's a 3500HD well then all you need to know is SILVERADO !!!!!!! LOL
Also it is getting a matching Leer bed cap, Alcoa wheels, Putco Master Boss stainless running boards, Rancho air controlled shocks, painted bumper covers on the front and painted door handles. I'll have to update as these projects get done too. The air compressor and tanks under the truck that are computer controlled will be a cool addition for the Air Lift bags that I already have.

Attachments

Last edited:

IC-Smoke

Equipment
B2400, ZD28, BX24
Dec 16, 2010
Pittsford, MI
Holy crap Bulldog your friend needs to be punched in the face! talk about a accident waiting to happen! I try and avoid the DOT not draw attention to myself!!

I have a C30 with the 6.2 talk about worthless! It is a 2wd 3500 DRW 3spd+low manual dump truck and with a load of dirt you better get a head start down hill :(

Aqua Looks good!!! you need a EFI live tune on that truck!! Then you will be haulin' the mail! I like the color of your rig and the look of that year! You can hit up Auto Zone and get individual chrome letters at a fair price and put your own badge on the door "aqua rig" or anything. Im planning on putting "twin turbo" on the 2" cowl of my 01. Id like the wife to get a QCSB dirtymax for out little one since the interior seems larger than the dodge.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Holy crap Bulldog your friend needs to be punched in the face! talk about a accident waiting to happen! I try and avoid the DOT not draw attention to myself!!
We gave him down the road for that trip. In his defence though it was the first load of logs and I guess he just didn't think they were that heavy. He said he watched the back of the truck to see how much it squatted down but had forgot that his air assist suspention was already on so the truck didn't hardly move. Every time he put more weight it would add more air to the bags.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
We traveled in it over the holidays. Did great for the kids with the rear entertainment system and handled the road with the Delphi in dash touch screen Nav system. Love the power of this beast!!!!!
THATS NOT a truck anymore! When you got all that crap and you plan to put on a fiberglass lid on the bed. It's then going to be a really big ass CAR!!!

Might as well trade the boats in for golf carts and head down to Florida and retire with all the other old farts who have that kinda luxury in their rides....

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
THATS NOT a truck anymore! When you got all that crap and you plan to put on a fiberglass lid on the bed. It's then going to be a really big ass CAR!!!

Ooooohhh Nnoo! Are you telling me my Rock max is a CarMax:eek: :eek: :eek:
I like my creature comforts. :D :D :D That is the only way I buy. It costs a little more but well worth it especially if buying used.

IC-Smoke

Equipment
B2400, ZD28, BX24
Dec 16, 2010
Pittsford, MI
Ooooohhh Nnoo! Are you telling me my Rock max is a CarMax:eek: :eek: :eek:
I like my creature comforts. :D :D :D That is the only way I buy. It costs a little more but well worth it especially if buying used.
It does have training wheels though.... :D

Dont forget to add a set of train horns to go along with your on board air!! They are fun!:eek:

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
It does have training wheels though.... :D

Dont forget to add a set of train horns to go along with your on board air!! They are fun!:eek:

I am sooooooo lovin those training wheels. After "driving" SRW's from bumper steer when passing or getting passed on the Interstate I have no regrets at all going to DRW's. I really had reservations about duals before but after many miles of getting blown around on the road with heavy loads I got past that and now I can relax and enjoy the stability.

Train horns...............great idea. :cool: :D