Tool bar help

Gamehunter

Equipment
L3800,LandPride Mower, Ford Flail Mower, Green Tiller
Apr 13, 2014
Cadillac,MI
I am hoping some of you guys will have an idea of what tools and equipment I should set up for on a tool holder that I am fabricating to sit on the ROP bar. I already have a piece of 4ft Aluminum
[/URL][/IMG] Angle 5" wide with 3"drop and have talked to my machine shop about turning it into a workable piece for the tractor. [/IMG]
This piece is still raw and will have slots cut in it to sit on top of the ROP hinge and corners radius to eliminate sharp corners.
Next would be to plan to make holes and slot to accommodate tools that are frequently used in the field. Some come to mind are 3# hammer, Silky Saw, Bypass pruners, Bungy cords, straps, and others that you guys might throw in. This is just some rough ideas and are subject to change to each tool
[/URL][/IMG]
I have a couple of slots on the edge for shovel and rake. When it is all done the shop will powder coat it to match the ROP's.
I have already added a replacement toll box to the back
[/URL][/IMG] Turned out great

Thanks for any advice
Tim

wolfalalone

Equipment
L3800DT,FEL,BB1260,RCR1260
Aug 7, 2013
Dickson,TN
Tim

Like the toolbox were did you get it? So far it sounds like you have a good handle on the tools that are needed in your situation.:D

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Have you considered going a gun rack style route? Using a series of J hooks on either side to cradle the handles? You can use a bungee type cord to hold them in or make a little flat swivel piece on the front or side that rotates down to keep them in place. If you want to make it out of aluminum or steel, just coat it with bedliner to 'rubberize' it and protect the handles from being chewed up as you bounce around when driving. Which is why i think just using the 1 point method is flawed. As the tractor bounces around you may end up losing a tool or two.

http://3dayclosets.com/closet-organizer/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=104_108

I did an image search for "Broomstick holder".....would have never thought that it would return some witches holding brooms....LOL

https://www.google.com/search?es_sm...CjgYAJ&ved=0CFEQBSgA&biw=1746&bih=925&dpr=1.1

Attachments

Last edited: