Tomorrow I gets a break

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Bet ya can guess what I'm doing this weekend :rolleyes: at least it's self propelled and articulated :D

Not like the back breaking one I rented from Home Depot a few years back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Piece of cake. I used one just like it last weekend for 3.5 hrs. I even used the cupholder.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
You got a cup holder :mad::p:D I feel jipped :rolleyes: Got a monster by the garage to do. 5 good sized pines, 5 good sized Oaks, and around 30 small ones that will take me longer to walk the machine over to them :rolleyes: plus 4 at the neighbors :rolleyes:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Here's one a little bigger than mine, too bad I don't have high flow, on the ASV RC30...

https://youtu.be/ZB7XKF3ndCk

This is the low flow one I have, to do the stump, in the first video would be about 15-30 minutes of work...

https://youtu.be/m4pAhB0T5eE

I spent the day at the Shenendoah Steam and gas show, in Berryville Va, kind of a disappointment, this year, they raised the gate price to $7, the auction sucked, and there were fewer vendors there.

Still beats any day, anywhere, grinding stumps, though:D:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Did 28 stumps today plus I had to fix the stump grinder :rolleyes: Nothing ticks me off more then renting a piece of equipment and having it break down in an hour :mad: Saw 4 service trucks in the companies yard yesterday, but...... they don't have an after hours number to get a bloody tech out to fix the thing. :mad: At least it was stupid and simple. Blew an o'ring on the boss fitting coming out of the hydraulic block. Still lost 2 hours having to run to town for hydraulic fluid and an o'ring :mad:

Gonna pull the hour meter tomorrow and get me a free day for pain and suffering :D

I would have much rather been at the auction :D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Daren,

You and I have the same luck. My local HD takes good care of its stuff but, after a year or so, they need a lot of TLC.

An hour into a large tracked Barretto trencher, the bracket that holds the heavy rubber flap that keeps the dirt off the operator falls off and goes flying into the ditch. Forget finding that nut and bolt. I booger-rig it with four zip ties and get back to work. It holds.

On another trencher, the treads were so worn, it couldn't cross its own trench without loads of body language, and some other language. The trencher chain completely derails and I have to shut down and to a 30-minute re-mount and readjust. Then, when I return it, Dave says I have the chain a tad tight. :rolleyes:

Both times they gave me a break on the rental. I think it helps that I always return equipment as clean as I take it out -or cleaner. The always wonder how their concrete saws look so clean after I have used them for 3 hours straight: A bath with 1/4 a can of WD-40 before you even fire it up.

Ray

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Ray, I happen to work for a rental company. The bad part is our nearest stump grinder is 800 miles away :rolleyes: So, I had to go to a competitor for the rental. I'm in charge of the shop at my location. So... PM checks and customer service are my two big priorities ;) Nothing ticks me off more then having to chase something that just left the yard. So at my shop, me or my guys check everything, everytime. If it's questionable, I want it fixed and working properly. :)

Here's a little trick for saving some money on a rental. HD has it's uses, and I've rented from them on the weekend when I've needed something in a pinch. But if you need something like a concrete saw, or something else that doesn't have an hour meter. Shop around and rent it from a rental company that is only open Monday thru Friday. They charge for Saturday, and Sunday is free. :D If it has an hour meter then they ding you for anything over 8 hours.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
14 hours on the stump grinder and all the stumps are done :cool:

Did 6 at the neighbors, 3 big ones in the front yard. And...... 68 of those bloody things in the back yard :eek: I don't want to see a stump grinder for at least a couple years :rolleyes: yard looks like we have a major infestation of gophers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Good advice Daren. Wish your shop was closer...

We had a rental place in Cave Creek that did the business during the building boom. After 2008, they saw business evaporate. By 2010, they folded up and the place turned into an ATV Rental place that is hanging on by their fingernails. A friend and neighbor bought a trailer and a tractor from a rental place going out of business. I guess it takes good service to keep people coming back... imagine that.

Yeah, I trenched my last yard with a rental on New Years Eve. I trenched for a few days on a one-day rental. :) My wife got a killer picture of me holding on to that big trencher while sticking straight out in the air behind it. Looked like it was dragging me along. That was back in the crappy days of non digi-pics. I'll have to look for it and scan it in.

:)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Good advice Daren. Wish your shop was closer...

We had a rental place in Cave Creek that did the business during the building boom. After 2008, they saw business evaporate. By 2010, they folded up and the place turned into an ATV Rental place that is hanging on by their fingernails. A friend and neighbor bought a trailer and a tractor from a rental place going out of business. I guess it takes good service to keep people coming back... imagine that.

Yeah, I trenched my last yard with a rental on New Years Eve. I trenched for a few days on a one-day rental. :) My wife got a killer picture of me holding on to that big trencher while sticking straight out in the air behind it. Looked like it was dragging me along. That was back in the crappy days of non digi-pics. I'll have to look for it and scan it in.

:)
A quick Google search turned up RSC. Looks like they closed that location when United rentals bought them out. The timing fits for when they changed the location in russleville over. There is a united rentals and sun belt rental near you. Looks like they are either across the road from each other, or around the corner from each other.Take cave creek road south towards pheonix. Go west on 101 to I17. Go north one exit and it's about a block north on W.Williams. it's amazing what you can find with Google maps :p looks like 20ish miles from cave creek judging by the scale. Hertz Equipment rental looks like it's located on I17 near I10 and a royal pita to get too.