tire size

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I usually divide the section width by 25.3, so the 355 divided by 25.3=14.03

Here's everything you need to know about the tite if it's a Bridgestone Pillow Dia ( turf tread):
TIRE
SIZE METRIC 355/80D20
CONVENTIONAL
TUBE/TUBELESS TUBE TYPE
ARTICLE NUMBER 344-982
PLY RATING 4
STAR RATING
LOAD INDEX
RIM WIDTH (in.) 11
OVERALL WIDTH (in.) 13.9
OVERALL DIAMETER (in.) 42.4
STATIC LOADED
RADIUS (in.) 19.5
ROLLING
CIRCUM. (in.) 124
ROLLING
CIRCUM. INDEX
BAR HEIGHT
32NDS (in.) 13
NO. OF LUGS
FLAT PLATE (in²)
TIRE WEIGHT (lbs.) 82
MAX. SPEED (mph) 20
MAX LOAD & INFL.
(LBS. @ PSI) 1820 @ 15

One thing I'll forewarn you about this particular tire, is that it's tube type and often Kubota doesn't put tubes in them from the factory. That causes the tire to weather check prematurely, and if loaded with ballast accelerates that condition big time. They'll leek like a seive and it's not the tires fault but the manufacture that failed to put it together right.

On that note, if that happened to you on a new tractor purchase I'd be all over my dealer to get ahold of Kubota and have them make it right even if includes replacement of the tires and of course include the tubes.
You'll have a tough time finding a 388/80-20 tube by the way, and very pricey of you do. Search instead for a combination 15/18R19.5 with the TR218 valve stem and it's a perfect fit. Being close to Soo Michigan you can always cross the bridge as U P Tire in Soo Michigan stocks them.
Al

slingblade

Equipment
l3750
Feb 27, 2012
audubon nj
80 is the aspect ratio of the height compared to with.

20 is the wheel diameter
hello everyone new to this site. i just bought a L3750dt tractor and it needs a lot of work. I have 16.90-24 tires on the back and they are bald. i have a pair of 12 ply 13.00-24 tires that are new does anyone now if i will have any problems running them?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I usually divide the section width by 25.3, so the 355 divided by 25.3=14.03

Here's everything you need to know about the tite if it's a Bridgestone Pillow Dia ( turf tread):
TIRE
SIZE METRIC 355/80D20
CONVENTIONAL
TUBE/TUBELESS TUBE TYPE
ARTICLE NUMBER 344-982
PLY RATING 4
STAR RATING
LOAD INDEX
RIM WIDTH (in.) 11
OVERALL WIDTH (in.) 13.9
OVERALL DIAMETER (in.) 42.4
STATIC LOADED
RADIUS (in.) 19.5
ROLLING
CIRCUM. (in.) 124
ROLLING
CIRCUM. INDEX
BAR HEIGHT
32NDS (in.) 13
NO. OF LUGS
FLAT PLATE (in²)
TIRE WEIGHT (lbs.) 82
MAX. SPEED (mph) 20
MAX LOAD & INFL.
(LBS. @ PSI) 1820 @ 15

One thing I'll forewarn you about this particular tire, is that it's tube type and often Kubota doesn't put tubes in them from the factory. That causes the tire to weather check prematurely, and if loaded with ballast accelerates that condition big time. They'll leek like a seive and it's not the tires fault but the manufacture that failed to put it together right.

On that note, if that happened to you on a new tractor purchase I'd be all over my dealer to get ahold of Kubota and have them make it right even if includes replacement of the tires and of course include the tubes.
You'll have a tough time finding a 388/80-20 tube by the way, and very pricey of you do. Search instead for a combination 15/18R19.5 with the TR218 valve stem and it's a perfect fit. Being close to Soo Michigan you can always cross the bridge as U P Tire in Soo Michigan stocks them.
Al

How is the lack of a tube going to cause a tire to weathercheck? Of course if the tire does develop cracks right through then a tube might get it to hold air temporarily........ not a very good fix IMO!!!!
Ed