T22 lost hydraulics power

peke

Equipment
Kubota T22
May 10, 2024
Estonia
Any ideas how to solve the problem?

My Kubota T22 suddenly lost power in the 3-point-hitch system when I was tilling.

- there is oil
- the oil pump seems to work since there was oil bursting out when I untightened one of the oil pipes (from under the seat)
- the transmission oil filter is compressed. Apparently I have hit it onto a rock or some wood stump or something. I am gonna change it.

what should I look for? Any advice is welcome. What could be the problem?
Thanks!

Vaidas

Equipment
Kubota T22
Aug 2, 2024
Liethuania
Hi,
did you manage to figure it out?
I have similar situation with my T22 - lost power in 3p mid-work. The hydraulic oil was bit low (about the lower mark on dipstick) so tried filling up, afterwards tried to replace all hydraulic oil and filter. Neither helped.

I have not tried unhooking oil pipe as I don't have front loader and not sure if there is any pipes with hydraulic fluid in this case.

I'm thinking to do the following next:
  • check circuit breakers
  • remove and check hydraulic pump ( fix/replace)

I don't have service manual for Kubota T22, perhaps someone else does?
So far I only found Japanese version of user/operation manual, which I managed to auto translate with limited success.

peke

Equipment
Kubota T22
May 10, 2024
Estonia
Hi,
did you manage to figure it out?
I have similar situation with my T22 - lost power in 3p mid-work. The hydraulic oil was bit low (about the lower mark on dipstick) so tried filling up, afterwards tried to replace all hydraulic oil and filter. Neither helped.

I have not tried unhooking oil pipe as I don't have front loader and not sure if there is any pipes with hydraulic fluid in this case.

I'm thinking to do the following next:
  • check circuit breakers
  • remove and check hydraulic pump ( fix/replace)

I don't have service manual for Kubota T22, perhaps someone else does?
So far I only found Japanese version of user/operation manual, which I managed to auto translate with limited success.
Hi!
my problem was not with the actual hydraulics system.

Sorry can’t explain in English very well…but the problem was one “metal arm” connecting the hydraulic system (under the seat) to the hitch system arm in the back.

So you’d better check that. Ask if you need more info.

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Hi!
my problem was not with the actual hydraulics system.

Sorry can’t explain in English very well…but the problem was one “metal arm” connecting the hydraulic system (under the seat) to the hitch system arm in the back.

So you’d better check that. Ask if you need more info.
that is a feedback rod from the short upper 3PH arms to the 3PH control valve.

Reactions: 1 user