SVL95 2S error code 9518

HuffmanSVL95

Equipment
2017 Kubota SVL95-2S and Kubota BX2230
Jan 6, 2020
Lebanon, TN
I have a SVL95 2S. I am getting an error code 9518. Has anyone else gotten this code?
Did you ever resolve the issue. What did the dealer do to fix the error? I've now taken my 2017 SVL95 2S (500hrs) in 4 different times, to 2 different dealers and no one can fix the error. The last 2 visits they replaced a "leaky def injector", which did nothing to fix the error and yes twice within a month because the replacement injector was leaking I guess.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Huffman it might be a while before someone logs on that can help, there aren't a lot of SVL owners on the forum, and it might take one of the Kubota techs to make some suggestions. Keep checking back.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have a SVL95 2S. I am getting an error code 9518. Has anyone else gotten this code?
It is not getting enough good quality DEF injected so either the fluid is poor quality, the scr injector is faulty or the NOX sensors are faulty. It is a dealer problem and there is 5 years warranty on it! ( unless the problem is contaminated or poor quality DEF!)

McC SVL

Feb 29, 2020
Boaz ky
Same issue E:9518 with flashing red def symbol and exclamation triangle. Shut machine down. Wait for the pumps to cycle after engine off. Here a “click” like a relay drop out. Restart machine and warning gone.. for 18-20minutes (.3 hrs) RPM stay at 2480. Machine functions as it should. Went to a dealer. Told me to run it for 30-45 minutes to burn it off. No change. I’m afraid if they work on it will just exchange expense parts without any understanding of what’s wrong. 525 hrs. Otherwise a great machine Any thoughts appreciated. Calling a buddy that used to sell Kubota tomorrow to see if he has advice thx

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Is your machine older than 5 years that the emissions warranty would be expired?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
There are reports of DEF issues with the SVL95's. It is my understanding that Kubota is going to take care of them once they have a permanent solution for these issues. In the mean time, take it in, have them repair whatever is wrong (within emission warranty)-and make sure to get a copy of the warranty repair order and keep it for your records.

I have seen sometimes (other equipment) when the injector will leak, def wicks up the harness, gets into the ECU and the fix is to replace the injector, entire wiring harness, and ECU--and on that one, it's just temporary because the "new" parts are identical to the old; since there isn't a fix for that one. It isn't isolated to Kubota only, by the way. There's other brands having def issues too.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Something about urea and deionized water that makes good fertilizer but for emissions, not so much. I spray it on my hay fields between cuts, the old, out of date stuff.:D

200mph

Equipment
Mar 3, 2017
PA
It doesn't matter what owner you are when it comes to the emissions warranty. Have them fix it.

McC SVL

Feb 29, 2020
Boaz ky
I talked with 2 different dealers and decided to drain def tank and replace fluid. I replaced it initially with just enough to have one bar on the meter. Red codes initially returned at start up. Shut it off. Let it cycle. Restart and cleared. Low def warning came on. Filled to half. Warning gone. We ran it 6+ hours yesterday in storm cleanup without shutting it down. Ran thru normal regen. 9518 cleared. Just posting if others have same issue. Not sure my sequence was significant. My problem is I don’t use it enough to run thru def fluid and it seems to have decomposed to cause the warning.

200mph

Equipment
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Thanks for providing your resolution. It helps to bring closure to the thread and help those who may have similar issue.

Glad you’re back up and running.