Super UDT Fluid

dirtmod454

Equipment
M9000 DT-F
Nov 30, 2009
Amsterdam, New York
Does anyone know of a replacement fluid for kubota super UDT? I know there are many replacements for regular UDT, but i like super UDT for the cold weather properties. I would like to find a high quality fluid that isn't as pricey as the the kubota super udt.

Thanks in advance!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OH MAN,, is this going to open up a can of worms,,,
I asked the same question and it got so convoluted that I said the heck with it and bit the bullet and bought the SUDT,, Yeah I know the big :K: doesn't make their own fluids but some times its just easier to get it from them than trying to find out what to use that's cheaper,,,,, Been there done that

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
I think you'll find any major brand will have available an SUDT equivalent fluid but it's going to be (1) pricy, like almost same as Kubota and (2) generally in large volume, as used in shops.

Chevron has an SUDT equal, warranted etc, but only in 55-gal drum. Maybe if you had two machines or a friend to split it with, but otherwise...

There have been multiple threads on this forum about fluid suppliers. I asked K Corporate TechRep in Dallas and was told current contract is with Ashland Refining. The money is not the fluid itself, it's the admixture package(s) that are added to the base fluid.

It's going to be tough to save much if the fluid is truly equivalent.

As for the actual supplier(s) of fluids, those that truly know either aren't talking or get lost in the clutter.

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
My local dealer thinks I'm crazy for wanting SUDT for my 50 hour service . He's like we just have UDT . I'm like well guess ya going to have to order some . Guess I will have to watch them probley so I be sure they use the SUDT .

Last edited:

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Well, I hate to throw another log onto the fire, but SUDT has been replaced with SUDT2. I don't know which fluid my BX25 originally had in it, but I plan to do a change at 200 hours which will likely be next Spring. I believe, (pretty sure) that the major difference is that SUDT is a single weight fluid and the SUDT2 is a multi- weight. It's something like a straight 20W for SUDT vs. a 5W20 for SUDT2. Plus, there may be some tweaking to the additive formula too. According to info on numerous tractor forums, the SUDT2 quiets the HST down noticeably. I guess I'll find out, if my bad hearing can tell the difference.

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
Ya SUDT2 is what I'm going to here in the near future at 50 hour change . I forgot . But ya my dealers like your crazy but its my money my tractor and I want the best .

And yes I know amsoil is said to be better . But I want to stay with kubota for warranty reasons . Because another oil could vold warranty slim chance but have seen it happen .

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Does anyone know of a replacement fluid for kubota super UDT?

I would like to find a high quality fluid that isn't as pricey as the the kubota super udt.

Thanks in advance!
It would be nice but High Quality and Low Price don't go together.

I use Amsoil myself and IMHO it's the best money can buy. Works great in hot or cold weather but it cost more than most other brand out there. If you want the best you pay for it.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I'll stick with SUDT2.

We have run cheap tractor oil in our old L3750 for the last 13 years and now the hydro pump is just about shot. Don't know for sure, but I'm blaming the cheapass oil.

Killer RC

Equipment
1997 M4700DT
Sep 14, 2013
SW Ohio
My dealer only has SUDT2. They say it costs almost the same, so they don't bother stocking UDT or SUDT. They use SUDT2 in all Kubotas, old and new. $55 for 2.5 gallon jug. It's pricey, but I'm too afraid to use the cheap stuff and tear up the trans or something that costs a lot more than $20 a gallon.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Doing the work will not VOID your warranty, this is a trick HD and every major dealer tells you the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act covers most all consumer products,,,, Just keep your receipts just in case you do have a problem

dirtmod454

Equipment
M9000 DT-F
Nov 30, 2009
Amsterdam, New York
It would be nice but High Quality and Low Price don't go together.

I use Amsoil myself and IMHO it's the best money can buy. Works great in hot or cold weather but it cost more than most other brand out there. If you want the best you pay for it.

Bulldog, What is the type of amsoil fluid you are using that is equivalent to SUDT fluid.

Thanks for all the replys.
-Dirtmod454

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5 w 30.

Started using it in 2000 and have been satisfied in every way with it's performance. Hope this helps

3tike

Equipment
1997 l2500 4wd
Aug 15, 2013
ann arbor mi
I filled my kubota with the tractor supply oil that says replaces udt and after 3 hours my engine filled with hydraulic fluid through my hydraulic pump , turns out my power steering failed causing the problem . Ill never use anything other than sudt or kubota recommended