Strange Noise...need some thoughts!

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
While playing with my ..new to me.. B7500 HST I noticed a noise that appeared to be from the rear axle. Was moving some dirt and back dragging with the FEL, also in low range, and mostly in reverse. While moving under light to moderate load, the noise is a kind of "bang". Sounds like you smaked the center of the wheel (axle) with a hammer. Never noticed it till I put my home made ballast box on. ( only about 250lbs right now). I initially thought maybe the box was swinging on the 3pt and catching the tires, but ruled that out. Any thoughts appreciated.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Check and make sure your lugnuts are tight. Also make sure the bolt that holds the hub clamped to the axle is tight. If either of these are loose they can make some strange noises. Also, those noises will at first, only show up under load, until it gets loose enough to make noises all the time. good luck and I hope it is something simple.

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
BAP : Thanks. I should have checked that first, lately I've just been assuming the worst case scenario...and overlooking the obvious. One of the wheel axle clamp bolts was less than hand tight. Appears to have been this way for a while as it was really rusted, with the nut backed off about 4 turns. Got out the BFW to get it apart, cleaned and lubed the threads and re-assembled. Seems good!...Thanks for the direction!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
You are welcome. Glad to help.