Straight Blades on 60" MMM ??

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I had a brain fart and ordered 3 blades for my mower ..... but then noticed they don't have the raised "step" in the middle.... like the stock blades....

They are straight .... all the way across...

Not sure if the bolt has enough thread to space them down.....

anyone ever run straight blades? would they be up too high to cut correctly?

Anyway... just thinkin out loud...

Bought on Amazon prime , so I will probably return them .....

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
not sure WHY you need to be spoon fed....

If you don't understand the difference between a straight mower blade and an offset/dropped blade.....

why bother responding at all?

obviously you have NO knowledge in the subject.

PS
happy Memorial day
John T… Did your Mother and Daddy never teach you common courtesy? (not to mention a lack of humor)

A “straight” blade would be one without scimitar…or sweep. A FLAT blade would be one without “drop” ……Or…. “Lift”…..as you failed to describe adequately….and why a picture would have clarified.

Hope THIS post helps you in several ways.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
John T… Did your Mother and Daddy never teach you common courtesy? (not to mention a lack of humor)

A “straight” blade would be one without scimitar…or sweep. A FLAT blade would be one without “drop” ……Or…. “Lift”…..as you failed to describe adequately….and why a picture would have clarified.

Hope THIS post helps you in several ways.
I never had a mommy or daddy.... I was raised by a wolf.

But besides that, there was nothing discourteous about my reply.... YOU OFFERED NOTHING.

only a failed attempt at "so called" humor.

suck it up nancy.

yeah, I don't know all the proper mower blade terminology....

BTW, neither do you.... If you did you would have known what I'm talking about and gave useful info.
Instead you knee jerk answered.... because I guess you feel the need to reply to every thread even if you are clueless.

Then you got butt-hurt and went on a google search. :ROFLMAO:

1 attaboy.

PS.
nothing about your original reply was humorous.... it was just stupid.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd think the straight blades will not work as well as the OEM design. I found out you need 'high lift' blades if you use a bagger on a rider, the regular 'lift' versions clogged the 'tubing' between deck and bags.
The OEM blades were probably designed for THAT style deck,to help lift,cut, remove the clippings.
Now IF you have a 'rough' patch that needs 'cutting down' or say a new ATV trail, try the straight blades ! It'd be a very good test of how well they may work.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas

But besides that, there was nothing discourteous about my reply.... YOU OFFERED NOTHING.

suck it up nancy.

BTW, neither do you.... If you did you would have known what I'm talking about and gave useful info.
Instead you knee jerk answered.... because I guess you feel the need to reply to every thread even if you are clueless.

1 attaboy.

PS.
Yes, Karen.

• Dislike

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Time out for a moment of sanity. The OP noted "they don't have the raised "step" in the middle.... like the stock blades... ". Unless I'm missing something, he meant the difference between the originals and the new blades was no offset in the new ones.

My suggestion would be to return the blades for ones that match the originals. It could be that the deck is designed for the air flow with the offset, plus spacing them down could cause them to slip.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

suck it up nancy.

1 attaboy.

PS.
You nailed his basic problem right there. I guess at his age he feels the need to educate all the world of his experiences to make himself feel better, believing he's more experienced than others. If he discussed more about Harbor Freight purchases I'd think he was Side Car Flip reincarnated.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If I were Side Car Flip, I would be insulted that you compared me to GeoHorn.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience”

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
not sure WHY you need to be spoon fed....

If you don't understand the difference between a straight mower blade and an offset/dropped blade.....

why bother responding at all?

obviously you have NO knowledge in the subject.

PS
happy Memorial day
He's not wrong wrong: Pics = thousand words and all that.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I had a brain fart and ordered 3 blades for my mower ..... but then noticed they don't have the raised "step" in the middle.... like the stock blades....

They are straight .... all the way across...

Not sure if the bolt has enough thread to space them down.....

anyone ever run straight blades? would they be up too high to cut correctly?

Anyway... just thinkin out loud...

Bought on Amazon prime , so I will probably return them .....
My BX deck originally had straight blades as are the Oregon blades I replaced them with.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
The step gets the bolt out of the grass along with the other things mentioned above.
If you click on a members name and choose Ignore, the irritation magically goes away.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
One time I bought a used 60" MMM deck and connecting hardware compatible with the tractor I had at the time.. It came with a new set of ..piranha.. (??) blades.. It took no time for them to ware down.. I bought a set of standard OEM blades that did not ware any better.. The next blades I bought were aftermarket standard style blades that were significantly cheaper than OEM or any other option available at that time.. So my experience where I was mowing was that there was no need to spend extra money on anything special.. Good luck..