Steering problem

pipeliner270

May 9, 2010
Kingsland,Tx. Llano
I have a 2004 BX23. The steering response is very slow. Actualy the only way I am able to steer is to turn the wheel in a quick jerking motion. Is there an overhaul kit for hyd. cylinder or what might be the problem? Help

pipeliner270

May 9, 2010
Kingsland,Tx. Llano
Tractor has 532 hrs. I have not changed the hyd. oil. Does the steering work off the fluid in the trans. case or does it have a reservoir of its own? Also is it ok to use an after market filter. If so what is the part # of filter so the parts house can cross the number. The nearest dealer to me is about 75 miles. Thanks in advance for the help.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Tractor has 532 hrs. I have not changed the hyd. oil. Does the steering work off the fluid in the trans. case or does it have a reservoir of its own? Also is it ok to use an after market filter. If so what is the part # of filter so the parts house can cross the number. The nearest dealer to me is about 75 miles. Thanks in advance for the help.
Yes, your steering works off the hydraulic fluid reservoir.

I have never been around a BX Kubota but I'm sure that it is like the rest of the Kubotas are. The Oil should have been changed at 50 hrs the first time to get the initial wear particles out of the system and then again at 300 hrs. Depending on the type of filter setup the tractor has and the fluid capacity it may just need the filters changed at the 300 hr mark but reguardless of which you have it definately needed service at 300 hrs. The trans/hyd system should be serviced every 300 hrs. from then on.

As far as filters go my preference is to stay with the Kubota hydraulic filters. You know for sure that they will have the proper specs that Kubota requires to ensure the correct filtration. I know how it is to be a good distance from your dealer. I'm not as far as you are but it's still about 35 or 40 miles for me. My dealer will have all the parts and filters shipped to me from the factory and just bill me for them. I haven't ordered any reciently but every time in the past Kubota paid the shipping cost. All I paid was the price of the filters just like I had went to the dealer myself. If I were you I would ask my dealer about this and see if they will do it for you.

I hope this will help you.

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
The previous series tractors had issues with the steering cylinders, they would do the same thing when you jerk the wheel.

camer

Nov 5, 2009
mi.
I had the same problem with my 3130. took the cylinder apart and changed the o ring under the wiper seal on the center of the shaft. Know problems since. it looked like the o ring stretched and was letting the oil bypass.