SSQA for BX Series (BX2370 Skid Steer Quick Attach)

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370: LA243 F.E.L.&CW, 60" MMM, chipper, flail, 3rd fn, 3pt T&T; Cyclone Rake
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
I have a new-to-me 2017 BX2370 with pin-on bucket; from what I understand SSQA (Skid Steer Quick Attach) was not available in 2017 as an OEM option, and in fact I'm finding it difficult to find information on adding SSQA to the BX Series tractors.

I found threads on D-I-Y SSQA, though before rolling my own I'm wondering if quality/affordable pin-on SSQA adapters exist that fit the BX2370 FEL (Front End Loader).

Purpose: Adding a SSQA
  • Stump Bucket
  • Root Grapple
  • combination 2" Receiver (for a ball hitch) and Post Puller
  • and SSQA adapter to the existing bucket for ease of use.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious, what loader model is on your BX2370 ?
My 2018 BX23S has the LA344S, s means ssqa is on it( 7J62636103 ).
Those that work on the little beasties may KNOW if it'll fit or not.
You could lookup the loader drawings, compare part numbers for with the LA344S.IF your bucket is the same as the nonSSQA loader , I suspect the adapter will fit fine.

If not, make your own from 'kit' of the SSQA lever/end pieces and some 1/4" sheet steel
or
goodgle 'bx2370 ssqa adapter' ??

add to your list .... pallet forks !!!!! super handy

Reactions: 1 user

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
Apr 24, 2024
FEL: LA243

I tried searching this forum and general Internet searches and came up short on the BX23 series SSQA adapter, though it could be I'm going about it wrong. Finding SSQA specification diagrams and weld-on locking leaver wasn't difficult, but I'd rather not design/build my own wheels if there's a tire store down the road... (I'd rather buy a well-designed SSQA adapter than build one if the price is reasonable)

FEL.jpg

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC
The stickers on both say "Worksaver" and their website lists #835130 as the part number as noted above. Lots of dealers/retailers it appears, so price one out near you and let us know about pricing and availability.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Sounds like a worthy project to me.

Since there seems to be a decent amount of options, The hardest part is probably going to be evaluating the "Quality V Cost" thing.

Don't forget to take pics as you go. (y)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Nice find Wolfman !!! A 'nobrainer' to buy and build project.The really hard, tricky part is DONE. I can't make those 2 pieces for $100 and that's WITH getting the steel for free.
They even come with Zerks !!

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
Apr 24, 2024
You thinking something like this? https://asktractormike.com/product/kubota-sub-compact-quick-attach-conversion/

Reasonable cost might be a bit subjective...
Thank you for starting this off. What @GreensvilleJay posted is exactly what I'm looking for, though a BX is tiny compared to a LA, so fitment is a concern. If that SSQA was available in a smaller BX version for $400 or less I'd buy it. It's obvious the quality is top-notch, and way more than the BX needs.

If not, two of the brackets @North Idaho Wolfman posted are a starting point.

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
I believe the 70 and 80 series loaders have the same pin locations but I can't verify.

IF they are the same, the "difference" is in the pins and how they attach.

Some/most of the 80 series loaders have a attached stand that effects how the pins are shaped/mounted.

IF the pin locations are the same you should be able to use the Kubota SSQA adapter(or any aftermarket version?). You may have to figure a pin solution though.

Last edited:

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
This is my thread on installing pin on pallet forks to a SSQA loader. This should help if the pin locations are the same.
However, the pin on forks I used were also for an 80 series loader, not a 70 series. Keep that in mind.

These are the pallet forks I ended up using.
On their site Redline list them as being compatible with all? BX models (scroll to the bottom of the page).
IF that is the case then the pin locations are the same across the board and at worse you'll just need special pins (like I did) to mount. Best case you can use the ones you already have.

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
Apr 24, 2024
Seems I confused the Kubota LX series tractors with the LA243 FEL, @GreensvilleJay posted exactly what I'm looking for. They're spendy, however higher quality appears to be the reason. There's a nearby dealer that carries them so I'll look this week.

Worksaver adapters for single cylinder loaders allow using “universal” skid steer interface impliments. Built with 7-gauge material to provide strength yet keep their weight under 70 lbs. for maximum lifting capacity.
3rd Function Kits aren't inexpensive either. Does it make sense to plumb in a manual foot pedal vs. relay-operated Summit kit (for a grapple and other FEL attachments), or is the hydraulic pump output small enough on a BX23 it won't matter? I'm thinking there must be good reason owners use buttons in the stick vs. a foot control.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Seems I confused the Kubota LX series tractors with the LA243 FEL, @GreensvilleJay posted exactly what I'm looking for. They're spendy, however higher quality appears to be the reason. There's a nearby dealer that carries them so I'll look this week.

3rd Function Kits aren't inexpensive either. Does it make sense to plumb in a manual foot pedal vs. relay-operated Summit kit (for a grapple and other FEL attachments), or is the hydraulic pump output small enough on a BX23 it won't matter? I'm thinking there must be good reason owners use buttons in the stick vs. a foot control.

I'm betting that the "stick controls" are there because the foot area is pretty crowded on HST models.

That would be my guess anyway.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
A mechanical foot control would be 'interesting' to design and install,could be a royal PITA and need some kind of spring return, 6 way diverter valve.
An electrical one just needs a real good 'industrially rated' foot switch,one totally sealed, impervious to water,dirt,mud, slime and other 'yuckies'.
Stick mounted switches are easier to mount, cheaper to make,offer a 'universal' solution aka 'one size fits all'

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The company that is making the foot control 3rd function control has a video of the install, and on a BX it would be quite the feat.
The hand controlled 3rd is a much better system.