Small Utility Trailer

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Hey Gang,

Looking for a small utility trailer for my BX1880.
Been looking at some for ATV's and riding lawnmowers as they seem to be the size and price I want. Just for light duty landscaping etc.
I have found this one to be interesting, seems to be rebranded by numerous companies, but all from the same manufacturer. Oh yea, I'm in Canada so prices are insulting and supply is often limited...

So I am curious has anyone used anything like this on there BX series and if so, any pro's or con's?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I can't answer your question about Cub products, but I am a Yuge fan of Gorilla products, in case they have something that fits your needs.

We have 4 or 5 of their step ladders and 2 of their "poly yard dump" carts.

We have "used and abused" them, and they have stood up very well for us.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day. I am not familiar with that product but I have a similar size trailer that I original had custom made for an ATV and have since used with a BX and B. It’s still very helpful, but for the size trailer it is (similar to what you are looking at), I prefer either a wagon or a carry all now. Only reason I throw out wagon as a consideration is you can drop it and it supports itself…a wagon is less fun to back up though compared to a regular trailer IMO. I think if you back up a lot a carry all is much easier than a small trailer or wagon. YMMV.

I understood your question specific to the cub model, so I am not sure if this was helpful for your considerations or not.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
My personal opinion on Trailers is to stay away from the painted steel black, Landscaping style Trailers if you can. Especially the mass produced big company ones. While they are considerably cheaper, you definitely get what you pay for. I’ve had two of them more or less rust out within 5 to 7 years, one of which I never use in the winter. One I call almost scrap steel the other not as bad but still super rusted. I’m also in Canada, so rust is a real concern. I’ll only be buying galvanized or aluminum trailers in the future.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Hey Gang,

Been looking at some for ATV's and riding lawnmowers as they seem to be the size and price I want. Just for light duty landscaping etc.
I have found this one to be interesting, seems to be rebranded by numerous companies, but all from the same manufacturer. Oh yea, I'm in Canada so prices are insulting and supply is often limited...

So I am curious has anyone used anything like this on there BX series and if so, any pro's or con's?
Courtney at Good WorksTractor Co. sells the Ultratech brand. They're pretty cool and maybe worth a look.

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Good day. I am not familiar with that product but I have a similar size trailer that I original had custom made for an ATV and have since used with a BX and B. It’s still very helpful, but for the size trailer it is (similar to what you are looking at), I prefer either a wagon or a carry all now. Only reason I throw out wagon as a consideration is you can drop it and it supports itself…a wagon is less fun to back up though compared to a regular trailer IMO. I think if you back up a lot a carry all is much easier than a small trailer or wagon. YMMV.

I understood your question specific to the cub model, so I am not sure if this was helpful for your considerations or not.
Not hung up on cub cadet, but they showed it online the nicest.
This style seems to be a popular rebranded model. What I like about this one is how it folds up for storage and can be used by hand with a handle attachment.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I bought a used garden dump cart/trailer at an estate sale for $40, put an 1 1/2" lift under it, replaced the axle and put on bigger tires/wheels.
Here it is (black) with the one it replaced. (orange)
IMG_0024.JPG

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My BIL owned a plastic bodied dump trailer similar to the Cub Cadet posted above.
It worked great for years, but one day the plastic box broke. (while hauling rocks)
It was long out of warranty, but he called the manufacturer, and they sent him a new box for just shipping charges.
Wish I could remember the brand. :poop:

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
My BIL owned a plastic bodied dump trailer similar to the Cub Cadet posted above.
It worked great for years, but one day the plastic box broke. (while hauling rocks)
It was long out of warranty, but he called the manufacturer, and they sent him a new box for just shipping charges.
Wish I could remember the brand. :poop:
EZ Stow?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
gee not too many people know where Greensville is. I can get to Brantford PA or Hamilton is same time, though less idiots brantford bound....
sadly I was there last week to get a meat grinder...could have picked up your trailer then...

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Hey Gang,

I've had that CC trailer for several years. Used to haul it behind a JD X5, and now the BX2380. It seems a bit small behind the BX, but it's still very useful. I've used it in all its various configurations, but mostly with its sides up, as a dumper for mulch, compost, or yard debris.

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
gee not too many people know where Greensville is. I can get to Brantford PA or Hamilton is same time, though less idiots brantford bound....
sadly I was there last week to get a meat grinder...could have picked up your trailer then...
Appreciate the kindness, Many Thanks but I'm trying to control my spending, it's been an expensive winter...

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
I like wagons and 2nd the gorilla brand products. I got 3 wagons each can hold 1500 pounds. 1 was customized .They also make a poly type dump one.
20200524_092247.jpg
20210405_203946.jpg
20210721_200808~2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Those look awesome, and will be a plan for the future, right now I need something small and inexpensive. Have some "tight space" landscaping to do this spring, after a hefty unexpected foundation repair...