Skidding Winches

dirtmod454

Equipment
M9000 DT-F
Nov 30, 2009
Amsterdam, New York
Hello...Just wondering if anyone has a skidding winch for the 3pt hitch. I am thinking about buying one for my M9000. Probably a Farmi. Are they worth the money?

Thank You!

todddrummey

Equipment
B6000
May 21, 2009
falmouth, ma
I have seen huge trees pulled with a Farmi winch. The only problem I saw was that the winch would pull the tractor if the tree was to heavy.

Like any tool, it only makes sense if you use it enough to justify the cost. I maintain 25 acres in VT and there is aways another tree to salvage. Most of these I can reach with my tractor and a chain. Occasionally I need to call a friend with a winch to pull a log out of a hole or swamp. If you cut trees for a living I would buy the winch. Otherwise, find someone who has one and pay him a few bucks when you can't get close enough to do it yourself.

Taylor

Equipment
HST 3940 Farmi Winch Bush Hog Mower Box Scraper
Aug 15, 2010
Cleveland Georgia
Hello...Just wondering if anyone has a skidding winch for the 3pt hitch. I am thinking about buying one for my M9000. Probably a Farmi. Are they worth the money?

Thank You!
You have probably already made a purchase but in case you haven't , I purchased a Farmi 351P about 2.5 years ago and have used it primarily to pull downed pine and oak trees .The pine beetles killed 150-200 trees on my property . The equipment is very well made and a pleasure to use.
The logging chains they sell with it make it easy to hook up the logs.
I also recommend the snatch block which allows you to pull from just about any angle. There are a couple of online videos. Google "farmi winch video".
This equipment is worth the money; I have had no problems with it and expect to get many years of use out of it.