RTV-X1100C Service found spare parts

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Anybody have any idea what these are? I'm assuming just dummy plugs taken out during assembly? Because I can't find any holes where they would fit.

First one was found in the front belly pan and the single one was found under the front diff in the skid plate.
20210718_135105 (Large).jpg
20210718_135111 (Large).jpg

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Yes they are protective caps from components installed during assembly. If I were to venture a guess I would say the top was on the expansion valve and the bottom was on a heater core nipple when hvac housing was installed.

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks a lot Fordtech86. It's nice to get a second opinion just in case I overlooked something I wasn't aware of.
Just got fluids done. Now I just want to go over every hose clamp. There is miles of rad hose in these things!!
I found a nut in the bottom of the passenger side door too, but no rattles and window tracks fine, so not going to take door apart unless I notice something come loose. I sprayed some Fluid Film in the doors for rust protection so I only had the small rubber plugs out.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
S 20210718_163057 (Large).jpg 20210718_140330 (Large).jpg ervice done. Glad I did it outside, because just when I thought the two HST filters were going to be the easiest part of the job because you can see them right there....I was wrong. I drained the transmission (oil was pretty dark after the first 50 hours) and also had the magnet bolt out (it was pretty dirty too, but no big chunks.) No more oil coming out, so went to pull the filters. And it immediately dumped a LARGE amount of oil out.
And I think the strongest man in Japan put the big suction filter on. Anyway, gotta get some cap wrenches for next time. Not a lot of room to turn my filter wrenches, especially with the rear protection plate on that I added.

Only other surprise was the front knuckle case oil (hubs) was very low. Couldn't see any oil in them. Good PDI there dealer.
And man there is a LOT of rad hose and hose clamps in that thing. Checked all of those too.

Between the Rotella T6 synthetic motor oil and the fresh Kubota Premium UDT it seemed to feel quite a bit peppier. Revs a bit faster now.
And yes, that's a Penzoil gear oil bottle there......but it has Kubota UDT in it. The squeeze bottle is nice for filling the front hubs on this and the tractors.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I drained the transmission (oil was pretty dark after the first 50 hours) and also had the magnet bolt out (it was pretty dirty too, but no big chunks.) No more oil coming out, so went to pull the filters. And it immediately dumped a LARGE amount of oil out.
You do know that the oil in the transmission is not the oil used by the hydrostat which is what the filters are for. The trans/axle housing has no filter for its oil. The filtered oil for the hydro is in the oil tank under the passenger seat which is why you got a lot of oil when you removed the filters.
If you just added oil to the trans/axle (yellow dipstick), you will need to top off your hydraulic tank under the passenger seat.

Reactions: 1 users

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Holy! Just noticed that. They don't make that very clear in the manual. It reads as though they are separate.

Here it didn't say anything about changing the hydraulic oil so I didn't bother. Now I know, dump every fluid every oil change. Thanks.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
And yes, that's a Penzoil gear oil bottle there......but it has Kubota UDT
Works great, doesn't it?
I have UDT, T-6, and (of course) gear lube in gear lube bottles for convenience... clearly marked with a paint pen.
I also use contact lens saline bottles with lacquer thinner for cleaning. Saves a small fortune in spray cans.

Last edited: