Retrofitted B2410 FEL Control Valve

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I have dinked around a not so reliable 20 YO Kubota/Husco 9210 Hydraulic Control Valve for the past couple years or so and after pushing snow for two days that did it for me. So I decided to either buy an OEM from Kubota OR work with a highly reputable hydraulic engineering full service supply/repair company to reverse engineer my needs and see what's available. The aim was not to only upgrade the valve but the sloppy archaic joystick and gimbal and make it look like it grew there as good as or better than Kubota OEM.

Oh man! Did Beiler Hydraulics in Leola, PA ever come thru.

For over a month and a half Dave Groff and Kent Martin of Beiler worked with me to find the best upgrade based on the tractor's hydraulic system specs, pictures of the Husco configuration and how to do the changeover with out breaking the bank. This is worth mentioning .... I don't know if this was by design or not but we found there are NO crossover charts, tables or books that show ANY interchangeability between Kubota P/N's or tractor modals. That is why we had to noodle backwards through the B2410 WSM tractor hydraulics specs and other hydraulic valve specs.

I settled on the Bucher BUHDM11P/2K02RV15A01Z04 Control Valve, the M18/S15/S30 Joystick handle and the accompanying internal tapered plug for power beyond port.

Now here is the best part! The quick connects, all existing lines and fittings and the angle of the existing Husco mount plate was a direct swap. Not one thing had to be modified. The ONLY purchase I have to make outside the Bucher Control Valve were two stainless steel 1/4" bolts to mount the new valve and new o-rings for the valve fittings.

Costs wise:
The cost to replace the Kubota/Husco valve OEM with the joystick and gimbal would have been north of $850.00 plus tax and shipping.
The all in costs for the Bucher was just shy of $450.00 and I now have 2021 technology.

Performance wise:
Daylight to dark's difference!
For us old farts.... this is like going from a standard OEM four speed manual transmission shifter to a Hurst close pattern shifter pattern.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

FBaggs@B2100

Equipment
1998 Kubota B2100 HST w/fel
Jan 27, 2021
Warren, Ohio
Hello Butch, and first let me say that it's great to be back on the Orange Tractor site.
Many thanks to the Administers as I was somehow kicked off the site last fall for some unknown reasons.
I believe the site had just went down for some reason.
Anyhow , I'm most definitely interested in this new control valve you've just replaced your 9210 Husco with Butch.
I have a B2100 with a 9210 Husco valve that's given me nothing but trouble from the day I purchased the tractor. Just as you said, my control stick is all gimbled up as well. Recently my fel has been stuck in the down (dump) position and I think I have a bad valve in it.
Your set up seems to have allimanated all of that and certainly would like to do the same to my B2100 and replace it with a Bucher valve. Any phone numbers, names and address and or site would be appreciated Butch as well as any other info.
Thanks in advance

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Hello Butch, and first let me say that it's great to be back on the Orange Tractor site.
Many thanks to the Administers as I was somehow kicked off the site last fall for some unknown reasons.
I believe the site had just went down for some reason.
Anyhow , I'm most definitely interested in this new control valve you've just replaced your 9210 Husco with Butch.
I have a B2100 with a 9210 Husco valve that's given me nothing but trouble from the day I purchased the tractor. Just as you said, my control stick is all gimbled up as well. Recently my fel has been stuck in the down (dump) position and I think I have a bad valve in it.
Your set up seems to have allimanated all of that and certainly would like to do the same to my B2100 and replace it with a Bucher valve. Any phone numbers, names and address and or site would be appreciated Butch as well as any other info.
Thanks in advance
FB...
The contact info is as follows;
Beiler Hydraulics in Leola, PA.
717 656 4878
Contact; Dave Groff

Just reference Butch Taylor's recently retrofitted Kubota/Husco valve for a BUHDM11P control valve. Drilled 2 1/4" holes in the old valve mounting plate, swapped over the fittings, connected lines and boom done!

Butch

FBaggs@B2100

Equipment
Jan 27, 2021
Warren, Ohio
FB...
717 656 4878
Contact; Dave Groff

Just reference Butch Taylor's recently retrofitted Kubota/Husco valve for a BUHDM11P control valve. Drilled 2 1/4" holes in the old valve mounting plate, swapped over the fittings, connected lines and boom done!

Butch
Wo
FB...
717 656 4878
Contact; Dave Groff

Butch
Wow, that sounds terrific Butch. I'm assuming the B2100 hydraulics should be pretty much similar to your 2410 in that respect and therefore allow for the same conversion.
Thank you much Butch

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Wo

Wow, that sounds terrific Butch. I'm assuming the B2100 hydraulics should be pretty much similar to your 2410 in that respect and therefore allow for the same conversion.
Thank you much Butch
If I am not mistaken the 2100 does have a Husco 9210. should be a direct swap out...

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Looks great and glad it worked out for you. Only one major issue. You lost the cup holder. Not what?

Reactions: 1 user

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Looks great and glad it worked out for you. Only one major issue. You lost the cup holder. Not what?
yep... thought about a cup holder..... looking for a mini Yeti with a cup holder built in. The way I figure it.... who needs a tool box when you can have a cooler with a cup holder built in.

FBaggs@B2100

Equipment
Jan 27, 2021
Warren, Ohio
If I am not mistaken the 2100 does have a Husco 9210. should be a direct swap out...
Yes my B2100 does have a 9210 Husco control valve and the control stick and linkages are all messed up and are not correct.
You stated in and around $450 for the new control valve but does that also include the control stick as well in that price?

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Yes my B2100 does have a 9210 Husco control valve and the control stick and linkages are all messed up and are not correct.
You stated in and around $450 for the new control valve but does that also include the control stick as well in that price?
for me that was everything... the valve, joystick and a little tapered plug for diverting the hyd oil from the side to the top port on the valve.

$450 was the all in costs...

FBaggs@B2100

Equipment
Jan 27, 2021
Warren, Ohio
Ok well thanks again Butch.
Does that price of $450
for me that was everything... the valve, joystick and a little tapered plug for diverting the hyd oil from the side to the top port on the valve.

$450 was the all in costs...
Ok well thanks you much Butch. I'll be looking into ASAP .
I'll post again at a later date with results. Very much appreciated.

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Ok well thanks again Butch.
Does that price of $450

Ok well thanks you much Butch. I'll be looking into ASAP .
I'll post again at a later date with results. Very much appreciated.
anytime

FBaggs@B2100

Equipment
Jan 27, 2021
Warren, Ohio
I have dinked around a not so reliable 20 YO Kubota/Husco 9210 Hydraulic Control Valve for the past couple years or so and after pushing snow for two days that did it for me. So I decided to either buy an OEM from Kubota OR work with a highly reputable hydraulic engineering full service supply/repair company to reverse engineer my needs and see what's available. The aim was not to only upgrade the valve but the sloppy archaic joystick and gimbal and make it look like it grew there as good as or better than Kubota OEM.

Oh man! Did Beiler Hydraulics in Leola, PA ever come thru.

For over a month and a half Dave Groff and Kent Martin of Beiler worked with me to find the best upgrade based on the tractor's hydraulic system specs, pictures of the Husco configuration and how to do the changeover with out breaking the bank. This is worth mentioning .... I don't know if this was by design or not but we found there are NO crossover charts, tables or books that show ANY interchangeability between Kubota P/N's or tractor modals. That is why we had to noodle backwards through the B2410 WSM tractor hydraulics specs and other hydraulic valve specs.

I settled on the Bucher BUHDM11P/2K02RV15A01Z04 Control Valve, the M18/S15/S30 Joystick handle and the accompanying internal tapered plug for power beyond port.

Now here is the best part! The quick connects, all existing lines and fittings and the angle of the existing Husco mount plate was a direct swap. Not one thing had to be modified. The ONLY purchase I have to make outside the Bucher Control Valve were two stainless steel 1/4" bolts to mount the new valve and new o-rings for the valve fittings.

Costs wise:
The cost to replace the Kubota/Husco valve OEM with the joystick and gimbal would have been north of $850.00 plus tax and shipping.
The all in costs for the Bucher was just shy of $450.00 and I now have 2021 technology.

Performance wise:
Daylight to dark's difference!
For us old farts.... this is like going from a standard OEM four speed manual transmission shifter to a Hurst close pattern shifter pattern.
Hello again Butch,
Not meaning to bother you again about your control valve swap but I am just curious as to which FEL you have on your 4510?
My B2100 has 0the LA 301 fel and was just curious if you had the same fel?
Thanks again bud

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Hello again Butch,
Not meaning to bother you again about your control valve swap but I am just curious as to which FEL you have on your 4510?
My B2100 has 0the LA 301 fel and was just curious if you had the same fel?
Thanks again bud

No bother at all.... this valve matches with a LA352 FEL. I do not have a FEL.... I have the 2019 pusher blade.... uses the same control valve as the 352.

bhumphrey

Equipment
L4740
Jul 8, 2021
Granville NY
Hey messing with a 9210 control valve off a kubota L3010. Was wondering if you had part numbers and info on where you purchased

thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey messing with a 9210 control valve off a kubota L3010. Was wondering if you had part numbers and info on where you purchased

thanks
This is not rocket science. There are lots of potential replacement valves and many for less than $450. Here ia a Brand valve with float and bucket regen I purchased years ago for half that. It is going on my B7200 and will bolt right on to the OEM bracket. Just about any joystick valve with float and a power beyond port wil get the job done.

Dan

Attachments

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
This is not rocket science. There are lots of potential replacement valves and many for less than $450. Here ia a Brand valve with float and bucket regen I purchased years ago for half that. It is going on my B7200 and will bolt right on to the OEM bracket. Just about any joystick valve with float and a power beyond port wil get the job done.

Dan
This replacement unit was selected based on my tractor system's hydraulic specifications, hose connect fittings configuration, joy stick location and the tractor's valve mount mount layout. I cannot be happier about the results. The replacement unit looked like it grew there and the performance is outstanding.

Here is the info on new valve;
Bucher 2x4 way valve with joy stick
BUHDM11P/2K02RV/15A01Z04
LONGER JOY STICK
M18/S15S30

Beiler Hydraulics
322 East Main St
Leola, PA
717 6564678

I like what one responder said, "It ain't rocket science".

The trick is take your time and get it right.