Restoring

orangeburner99

Equipment
1975 L175
Mar 4, 2010
Colorado
Wheres the best place to purchase paint, decals, and such for restoring? An dto those of you who have done it how much did it run you, and how far into it did you go?

Last edited:

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Wheres the best place to purchase paint, decals, and such for restoring? An dto those of you who have done it how much did it run you, and how far into it did you go?
The only place I found the proper decals was through my dealer. That goes as well for the original Kubota blue paint. The orange paint I was able to find at TSC. But as you probably already know, there are at least two Kubota oranges. So depending on what model you are restoring, be sure to get the correct version. The older models are Kubota I, the newer models would be Kubota II. I beleive the p/n are posted here some where. As far as how far you want to go with the restro, that is kind of up to you. Some say I went too far with my restoration. OK, the wife said that! Everyone else says it looks good. As to how much money you stick into a restro really depends on how much is wrong with it to start with. It will vary a lot between models. I was totally amazed at how many parts were still available from my dealer. My L210 is one of the earliest models imported to the US, and there was only a couple of parts no longer available. And those I was able to fabricate. Good luck.

Attachments

Last edited:

k4me

Equipment
b7100hst (early)
Feb 7, 2010
Erie, CO USA
Hi L4740!! That's a nice looking rig! How does that compare size and power wise to one of the early B series?

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Hi L4740!! That's a nice looking rig! How does that compare size and power wise to one of the early B series?
It is a 1973 L210. A twin cylinder 21 HP. It is bigger than the B series in stature. It is about 1/2 size of a "real" tractor if you will. I have added another picture with yours truly standing by it to give you a perspective to it's size. It gets a lot of attention where ever I go with it.

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
It is a 1973 L210. A twin cylinder 21 HP. It is bigger than the B series in stature. It is about 1/2 size of a "real" tractor if you will. I have added another picture with yours truly standing by it to give you a perspective to it's size. It gets a lot of attention where ever I go with it.
It should get attention, that's a really nice look'n tractor :cool:

By the way, you might be starting something. Now we are all gonna have to be in the pictures. No more hiding behind the camera fellas :eek:

Scott

John C

Equipment
B7100D, LMC Clipper 400, LMC 4ft Box Blade, NorTrac 47" Tiller
Aug 14, 2009
Elizabethtown, KY
Orangeburner99,
I second L4740's comments! I just finished painting my 1979 B7100 and decals, mascot, headlights, and emblems cost me just under $200 at my local dealer. I also bought a replacement OEM seat at $98.00. The Kubota Blue for the frame was $29.95 for a quart. Kubota Orange I (older model orange) from TSC in Valspar flavor #4432-24 was if I remember correctly $12.95 per quart. I also purchased the Valspar hardener additive which was about $8.00. Just a note! The Kubota Blue is acrylic enamel which requires acrylic enamel reducer to thin for spraying! The Valspar is thinned with Naptha! I hardly used 1/3 of the quart of blue and if I were to do it again I'd probably rattle can the frame even though the rattle cans are $12.95 ea! One quart of orange was just enough to paint my tractors sheet metal. Hope this helps!

John

orangeburner99

Equipment
1975 L175
Mar 4, 2010
Colorado
Thanks for the responses guys. Surprisingly the all the blue paint in in good order. Its the body orange thats in rough shape. Ill try and get a pick of it.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Orange. Well it looks like you are not being shy with your tractor. Looks like you are getting right too it. Keep us posted, lots of pics, :D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hell ya Orange, that's what I'm talkin about! Get in there and get'r done! It's a nice twist to see the taredown stage. I like it :cool:

Scott

newt

Jul 15, 2011
ocala fl
looking for hood emblems for l210 also hard time finding them .and cant find rod bearings.they have no part number

newt

Jul 15, 2011
ocala fl
looking for hood emblems for l210 also hard time finding them .and cant find rod bearings.they have no part number