Removing LA480 loader without stands?

garrettohio

Equipment
Kubota L2900
Sep 16, 2023
Ohio
My loader don't have the stands for removing the loader.how can I keep it held up while removing it from tractor

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My loader don't have the stands for removing the loader.how can I keep it held up while removing it from tractor
There are 4, Are you sure you don't have them, they can be attached to the back of the bucket, to the insides of the loader arms, to the sides of the axle bars.
You must have the 2 front to be able to disconnect the loader from the tractor.
The 2 rears are parking stands, once the loader is out from under the tractor you can use just about anything to prop them up, they are more of a safety than a requirement.
If you don't find the front stands, measure the pockets on the sides of the bucket and get 2 bars to fit the pockets that with the bucket slightly rolled forward will reach the ground.
you'll need to drill a hole in the bar and pin it to the loader.

CPo

Equipment
Kubota L2900
Aug 25, 2024
Ontario
Hey @garrettohio - Were you ever able to find the stands and remove your loader? I am facing the same problem right now and joined the forum to see if you were able to figure it out.

I found one of the L shaped stands that go into teh square holes by the cab, but apart from that, I am baffled. even googling pictures of the loader, I see them sitting on teh ground without stands, so this can't be just a you & me problem.

I can't see any kickstands at all behind the bucket, and I haven't been able to find an owner/operator's guide for this loader anyplace.

CPo

Equipment
Kubota L2900
Aug 25, 2024
Ontario
Hey @garrettohio - Were you ever able to find the stands and remove your loader? I am facing the same problem right now and joined the forum to see if you were able to figure it out.

I found one of the L shaped stands that go into teh square holes by the cab, but apart from that, I am baffled. even googling pictures of the loader, I see them sitting on teh ground without stands, so this can't be just a you & me problem.

I can't see any kickstands at all behind the bucket, and I haven't been able to find an owner/operator's guide for this loader anyplace.
Good news... we figured it out.

1. Lowered bucket to ground until front wheels were barely touching
2. Removed all 4 pins holding bucket on.
3. Lowered bucket a little more so it disengaged from rear cradles.
4. Placed Kick stand on one side.
5. Adjusted height so front crossbar wouldn't get hung up on metal flanges at front of tractor.
6. Reversed tractor a few inches to clear crossbar.
7. Placed axle stands under crossbar to hold up frame. (We needed a farm jack to lift the frame enough to get axle stands under.
8. Disengaged hydraulic lines.
9. Pulled tractor away from bucket.

Of course all this was made more difficult by rusted/seized pins and hydraulic lines and the fact that we need to separate bucket from tractor because the hydraulic pump is spraying fluid into the far reaches of the galaxy, but we managed to get everything to work just enough to get the bucket off so we can get at the pump easier. Thank goodness for farm jacks, teenage boys,. just enough stupid to take risks, and liberal amounts of WD-40.

Reactions: 1 user

garrettohio

Equipment
Kubota L2900
Sep 16, 2023
Ohio
Good news... we figured it out.

1. Lowered bucket to ground until front wheels were barely touching
2. Removed all 4 pins holding bucket on.
3. Lowered bucket a little more so it disengaged from rear cradles.
4. Placed Kick stand on one side.
5. Adjusted height so front crossbar wouldn't get hung up on metal flanges at front of tractor.
6. Reversed tractor a few inches to clear crossbar.
7. Placed axle stands under crossbar to hold up frame. (We needed a farm jack to lift the frame enough to get axle stands under.
8. Disengaged hydraulic lines.
9. Pulled tractor away from bucket.

Of course all this was made more difficult by rusted/seized pins and hydraulic lines and the fact that we need to separate bucket from tractor because the hydraulic pump is spraying fluid into the far reaches of the galaxy, but we managed to get everything to work just enough to get the bucket off so we can get at the pump easier. Thank goodness for farm jacks, teenage boys,. just enough stupid to take risks, and liberal amounts of WD-40.
According to what I read.you tip the bucket to raise loader back pins high enough to put the two L square shaped pieces into those two square holes to old it.i ended up putting a chain around a tree.and fastening a comealong to it and rachet it enough forward to clear .