Regen problems b3350su

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
Have you done a parked regen?

Pat
Way too early for a parked regen.My first one came at 75 or 80 hours and you can't force one of those.The OP needs to pull the throttle wide open and let his tractor do it's thing.I think people are concerned too much about running full throttle during the break in period but on the B3350 you have to run it wide open for the regen to be successful.You simply have no choice.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Why not? I agree it's early but if the OP has been babying or idling the unit then the filter could plug that early.

Pat

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
Why not? I agree it's early but if the OP has been babying or idling the unit then the filter could plug that early.

Pat
I don't believe we have a choice.The ECM controls when the "parked regen" occurs and all we can do is wait for it.Mine happens roughly in 75 or 80 hour intervals with many "regular regens" in between.I'm sure the dealer can force a "parked regen" somehow, but we can't.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't believe we have a choice.The ECM controls when the "parked regen" occurs and all we can do is wait for it.Mine happens roughly in 75 or 80 hour intervals with many "regular regens" in between.I'm sure the dealer can force a "parked regen" somehow, but we can't.
You can do a parked regeneration if the tractor has not done a regular auto regen, and the dpf filter reaches PM level 2, either because conditions weren't satisfied or the operator kept putting it in inhibit mode. It does require action on your part. Look at table on p 15 of operators manual. By level 4 the dealer can only trigger regen.
The two kinds of ECM regen only occurs in the B3350 as near as I can tell.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Ugh. Tractors should NOT be this complicated. Imagine 20 or 30 years from now.

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
You can do a parked regeneration if the tractor has not done a regular auto regen, and the dpf filter reaches PM level 2, either because conditions weren't satisfied or the operator kept putting it in inhibit mode. It does require action on your part. Look at table on p 15 of operators manual. By level 4 the dealer can only trigger regen.
The two kinds of ECM regen only occurs in the B3350 as near as I can tell.
The manual is confusing,but in reality,at least on my tractor, there is no way to force a "parked regen" until the "parked regen button lights up and the alarm sounds off every 5 seconds.My tractor has 2 buttons.One inhibits the regen process if needed and the other button only lights up when it is calling for a "parked regen". This is where you put the throttle at idle and the ECM takes control of the throttle and it does it's thing by itself.I've gone through 3 parked regens now and am due for another.To be clear,a "parked regen" cannot occur until the "parked regen" light is illuminated,regardless of the soot level.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yes, exactly. Those lights are what tell you it is at level 2. :)

Benza

Equipment
Anything and everything Kubota
Sep 14, 2017
Dunlap, IN, USA
23 hours and regen light will not go out, now have red warning light and warning beep as well. Whats wrong with this tractor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Easiest solution: Get ahold of the dealer and have them hook it up to their computer system to find out what's going on.

We've had more issues with F3990's and B3350's than any other unit with DPF regeneration. With the lights and horn going all at once, the tractor is more than likely in limp mode and needs the computer hooked up to the ECM to find out what's wrong. The red warning light indicates a failure, specific to one of many engine codes.

The dealer will force a manual regen and see what's happening.

At 23 hours, I assume you've just recently purchased it from your dealer. They need to go through and check to see if the ECM has been updated to the latest firmware, and if the proper updates have been installed to the engine.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
my b3350 required regen every 10-15 hrs. most of the time it would fail and then most of the time it wouldn't complete a parked region... and it would need to be hauled back to the dealer... I put up with it for over a year... finally Kubota bought it back. minus my payments... by then the b2650 was the same price I paid for the b3350 one year earlier...

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
My 2013, B3350 regens about evey 35/40 hours no problems full throttle let it work auto regen, supper tractor

Last edited:

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
My 2013, B3350 regens about evey 35/40 hours
What is your secret? Additives,drilled out DPF?
My record was about 16 hours but at 260+ hours my average now is probably 6 or 7 hours.My last was 3 hours which pretty much indicates the next regen will be a parked one.

Myb3350

Equipment
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
Had a auto regen today on my B3350 only got 30 hours between regens this time, kinda disappointed, the tractor only has 140 hours but it only took about 20 minutes to regen, wonder what will happen when it gets 3/4 hundred hours on it.

Ktech101

Sep 15, 2017
Ny
If you have 23 hours on your tractor is very much over due for a regen. First off, if the warning indicator is on the Ecu will not allow the tractor to regen. The dealer will most likely have to hook up their laptop and do a forced regen if the tractor has not reached a level 5 which would require them to replace the dpf. Seeing kubota did not use a common rail fuel system on these engine it requires a reformer to add the additional fuel air mix into the exhaust necessary for the tractor to regen. This system is very unreliable and does not often work so it's very possible there is an issue not allowing it to regen. They are also slightly annoying to regen bc they take about 25 to 30 minutes at high idle usually about 2200 or higher. I would check with your dealer and see if they will spill time your engine and make sure all ecu updates are done along with all other Updates to help improve these tractors. Probably not what you want to hear but as a past kubota technician for many years these tractors and the other equip using this engine are an engineering nightmare. I always recommend a b2650 no regens and you can't really notice any power difference. Please feel free to message me with any regen questions as I have unfortunately had way too much experience with b3350s and their regen issues

Myb3350

Equipment
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
I try to run my b3350 full throttle and live in a warm climate, maybe that is why my b3350 is doing so good, love the tractor but despise DPF