Rear Blade Recommendation

Gadget

Equipment
B2650, LP FDR1672 Finish Mower, Box Scraper, LP QH05
Jun 8, 2018
Hodgenville, Kentucky
Another greenhorn here seeking advice. I have a new B2650 with factory spacers and Titan turf tires. The outside spread of my rear tires is 59 to 60 inches. I am looking to buy a rear blade for light snow removal and smoothing dirt in some low spots in my field. The manual states the max recommended blade width is 66 inches for a rear blade. A 60 inch blade will not cover my tracks after it is set to angle snow to the side. Would that be a problem? A 72 inch blade seems to be a better choice. Should I be concerned about using a 6 foot blade with this tractor?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Another greenhorn here seeking advice. I have a new B2650 with factory spacers and Titan turf tires. The outside spread of my rear tires is 59 to 60 inches. I am looking to buy a rear blade for light snow removal and smoothing dirt in some low spots in my field. The manual states the max recommended blade width is 66 inches for a rear blade. A 60 inch blade will not cover my tracks after it is set to angle snow to the side. Would that be a problem? A 72 inch blade seems to be a better choice. Should I be concerned about using a 6 foot blade with this tractor?
Get the 6 footer ......as you mentioned - a blade that will not cover the tracks at an "angle" will not be the best situation.

Changing the top adjustable link will help with the snow removal too. The angle of the dangle will be a learning curve:D;)

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I have a 6' rear blade for my 2650 and I haven't had a single issue rolling full blades of snow 5-7' into the yard. I normally run in high range to get the snow winged off the driveway. But when it starts piling up I have to move it farther out into the yard. Medium range with the blade about 1' off the ground and I start moving the windrow over. Wash rinse repeat.

Snow is relatively light. Just remember, you dont want to carry it, you want to move it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I have a 6 footer on mine too. no problem at at all.