Rams or Hydraulic Pump

v6pack

Equipment
L3901
Jun 6, 2016
Parker, CO
I have been moving about 130 yards of dirt over the past week with my 2015 L3901, and have been frustrated that when taking a scoop out of the pile of dirt I would have to back up just a bit so that the bucket would lift to pick up the dirt in the bucket. It appears that the ram or the pump is just big enough to lift the FEL full of dirt but not if there is extra pressure like being up against a dirt pile. Can either the RAMS or the pump be upgraded to provide more capability?

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Re: Rams or Hydrolic Pump

I would have the pressure setting checked,as per worshop service manual. As far as replacing cylinders with larger bore for more lift will slow down the movement of your loader.

i would suggest you try different methods before considering modifying your hydraulics.
Curl bucket up as you are loading it-this breaks the surface area you are trying to pull through

v6pack

Equipment
L3901
Jun 6, 2016
Parker, CO
Re: Rams or Hydrolic Pump

I have not had the pressure checked I may have to do that.
I was curling the bucket and it seemed to work well enough. but would not break enough tension to allow the lift to do it's thing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I can take my bobcat with twice the lift and curl force and stop it dead in it's tracks if I bury the bucket in a good pile of dirt.
It's all in the method of use. ;)