Putter geeks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK now here is the problem, well maybe not a real problem but an irritation nonetheless.
I get junk mail in my hotmail account ( dont we all) and I just click and block them. As of late I click to block and a window comes up with hotmail address and says I cant block that junk mail. So how the hell are they using my email address to stop me from blocking them the add from UPS is the worst maybe 4 or 5 times a day. So whats going on and how do I block these bastards ?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
what IS the address of the mail.......basically what comes BEFORE the .com....or .org...or .net....etc

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I use Firefox as my browser and go to "add-ons" and download one of choice. I never see whatever you're talking about.

But beware, I'm not a putter geek either.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
When you connect to the internet, does it sound like this?:D

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I run Chrome and IE both but I have a professional security system on the front end, Trend Microsystems and real time 24/7 monitoring on both of our computers but then my cousin owns and operates a large IT company in Chicago so he takes care of us up here in Michigan.

I have one of his specially programmed Dell 5000 laptops, so does my wife. Solid State hard drives, voice recognition touch screens and a complete suite of programming software. It's stupid fast and I get no junk mail at all.

I still run an ad blocker, just in case....:eek:

Security is everything.

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
"blocking" never works for spam mail, because spammers can spoof the "From" address to anything they want, even use your own email address as the "From" source.
Just select the email, and click on a "Junk" option to put it into the junk folder, that is all you can do.
The problem with regular email, is that the from and "to" are simple text strings that are never verified by mail servers. That is how spammers can fake the "From" address.
I suspect you tried to block a "From" that is either your own email address, or some address that Hotmail does not want to block because it could be administrative messages. Your spammer is smart enough to have figured this out, and is sending those emails to you by faking that "From" address

KeithG

Equipment
2000 Kubota B2710, Woods BH75 backhoe, LandPride York Rake, B2783 Snow Blower
Jan 1, 2016
Rindge, NH
If you are getting email from UPS the you should be able to go to
UPS.com and "unsubscribe" from all emails. In most cases the add
that is sent to you will have an "unsubscribe" link in the very small
print at the bottom of the add. This is usually required by all spam
advertisers.

Another option is to add a "filter" to you inbox that will look for these
types of messages using a sequence of conditions (e.g. from