PTO

Rsnake69

Equipment
Kubota L3010dt
Oct 23, 2023
Randleman, NC
I have a L3010DT. when i turn on the pto and push the clutch in the pto continues to run. Is the pto suppose to stop when clutch is fully pressed?

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
If your machine was optioned with an "independent PTO", then no, it will continue to spin. There is usually a label near the PTO lever indicating that it's independent.

N3BP

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
To further elaborate on the labels, please see attached. I suspect yours is the one on the right.

Attachments

Rsnake69

Equipment
Kubota L3010dt
Oct 23, 2023
Randleman, NC
How do you keep the pto from bogging down the tractor. I was digging a post hole in shell rock. the tractor bogged down and sheared the pin on my post hole digger.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
How do you keep the pto from bogging down the tractor. I was digging a post hole in shell rock. the tractor bogged down and sheared the pin on my post hole digger.
Regardless the Clutch type....dig post holes SLOWLY. Be ready to lift the PHD if necessary and/or disengage the PTO. Otherwise you risk 'Sticking' your auger.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
My brother-n-law and I were using a rental tractor mounted PHD to replace the fence posts on a wooden privacy fence we were replacing. I had 3 holes left to dig when I heard a loud POW and smoke started coming out of the hole. . .
I had hit the neighbor's underground electric line. I was not injured, and the rental tractor was not damaged. But my neighbor's house had no power. We called out the utility company and they came out and fixed the line. They fussed at me about not getting the underground cables flagged but didn't charge me to fix it.

To this day my brother-n-law still calls me Sparky. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

N3BP

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
My brother-n-law and I were using a rental tractor mounted PHD to replace the fence posts on a wooden privacy fence we were replacing. I had 3 holes left to dig when I heard a loud POW and smoke started coming out of the hole. . .
I had hit the neighbor's underground electric line. I was not injured, and the rental tractor was not damaged. But my neighbor's house had no power. We called out the utility company and they came out and fixed the line. They fussed at me about not getting the underground cables flagged but didn't charge me to fix it.

To this day my brother-n-law still calls me Sparky. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Now you have to call 811 first and wait for underground utilities to be marked. Contacting an underground gas or electric line will unnerve the most experienced operators and fill your drawers!

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Now you have to call 811 first and wait for underground utilities to be marked. Contacting an underground gas or electric line will unnerve the most experienced operators and fill your drawers!

BTW, who was the genius that decided it was a good idea to make it 811?

Hell the fist time I saw that, I said outloud "I wonder how may people dial 911 on accident".....I bet its more than just a few...

Why not 622, or 444???????

Reactions: 1 user