PTO engagement problem L47

Stone'd Mason

Equipment
L 47
Aug 8, 2023
Maine
I bought the tractor new 4 years ago and finally got a reason to hook up something to my pto. Between my conversations with my dealer we eliminated everything he thinks I can do without bringing it in. My volt meter is reading what it should on the pto knob switch and the connection to the pto. All fuses are reading above 13 volts. The only thing we can’t figure out is why does the tractor start up when I have my pto engaged to the on position? When pto is engaged the tractor shouldn’t start, weird because I have power running where it should.
ANY suggestion to trouble shoot this would help, thank you everyone out there!

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Check all the linkages from the PTO switch to the chassis. You will need to pull the plastic controls console cover off. Either the linkage isn't connected or the control lever on the chassis isn't moving.

On my M59 the start circuit involves the switch sensors on the PTO, brake, seat, seat rotation, clutch.

Reactions: 1 user

Stone'd Mason

Equipment
L 47
Aug 8, 2023
Maine
Check all the linkages from the PTO switch to the chassis. You will need to pull the plastic controls console cover off. Either the linkage isn't connected or the control lever on the chassis isn't moving.

On my M59 the start circuit involves the switch sensors on the PTO, brake, seat, seat rotation, clutch.
Linkages? I think you mean all the wiring?

Stone'd Mason

Equipment
L 47
Aug 8, 2023
Maine
What’s your routine to start your pto to spin?
I’ve changed some stuff under the seat, I think there was a beeper for reverse I eliminated, and the button under the seat was taped up so the tractor wouldn’t shut off when I was working with stone and have to jump on and off the tractor. I untapped the button tho to eliminate that, but the beeper that makes the sound is gone, or I’m not remembering correctly and it wasn’t there.
keep me posted if anyone has more ideas!
-Sully

Stone'd Mason

Equipment
L 47
Aug 8, 2023
Maine
What’s your routine to start your pto to spin?
I’ve changed some stuff under the seat, I think there was a beeper for reverse I eliminated, and the button under the seat was taped up so the tractor wouldn’t shut off when I was working with stone and have to jump on and off the tractor. I untapped the button tho to eliminate that, but the beeper that makes the sound is gone, or I’m not remembering correctly and it wasn’t there.
keep me posted if anyone has more ideas!
-Sully
If u could look at the wire that pigtails from the handbrake and see where it goes wound be a huge help. I believe it goes to the beeper I removed. It’s showing over 12 volts when I run the volt meter to it. I’ve looked over and over where it could plug into
But can’t find anything.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan

Linkages? I think you mean all the wiring?
My 2501 has linkages that need lubing often or they get "sticky" and I have to "push the "PTO lever" to get it too start.

I originally thought the switch was bad, so while at the dealer for my rpm cable, I mentioned that the PTO switch needed replacing or adjusting.

The manager explained that the "linkages" just needed lubing.

He was right.

Reactions: 1 user