PTO Chipper for B26

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
anyone have or use a PTO chipper on their B26? If so what brand and size
I have a new property with about 2 acres and maybe 7 or so trees to take down.

geoff

Equipment
b2410 tractor, FM90 topper,RS1200 cultivator,bearcat 4 inch chipper,b1610.
Jul 7, 2017
essex uk.
I have a b2410, and I have a crazy bearcat 4 inch chipper,which is an old model,similar to the ch5540 echo bearcat.
It is a well made robust little chipper with greasable bearings, double edged knifes,and works very well.
Link; http://www.bearcatproducts.com/products/pto_machines/ch5540/
These people have made a range of chippers for many years,and they are respected in the tree and hire trade.
I use mine professionally,along side a large self powered chipper and have found it a simple machine to keep running, and a viable product to run on my little tractor.
Though you might consider hiring in a chipper for your trees if it proves cost effective, and you have little use for it after your outstanding tasks.
Here in the UK these chippers were often used in the hire trade, proving their durable build.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
Thanks for the info all I will have much reading to catch up on. Unfortunately where the property is located they don't allow open burning, that was my original plan, so a chipper is my next best option. Plus its just one more toy I get to collect.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
I have a Merry Mac TPH 122 on my B7100 and it does a good job both chipping and shredding. They have good parts availability- same basic unit for tractor TPH/PTO or self contained with a gas engine. You have more PTO hp than I so the 183 may be better. I found mine used for $800. I prefer to keep the chips for mulch rather than burn the trees. Of course I live in the high desert so organic matter and water are both scarce here.

Attachments