Problems with La1353 loader

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I would think the location of the float function should be verified before turning the joystick around.
Of course that is true! But I'm almost positive he will find the "float" position is back as he now has it installed. This is not an uncommon condition when customers install their own loaders.

DRJ

Equipment
M9540 with LA1353S Loader
Jun 13, 2024
Utah
I have the exact same problem on my loader. Installed new valve assembly have made sure all lines are correct. Still the bucket only dumps. If i hold the roll back just slightly over the bucket will creep back but will not fully roll back. takes for ever. My thoughts are a broken piston or seals. but just really weird. Did this feed ever get resolved?

DRJ

Equipment
Jun 13, 2024
Utah
could anyone possibly post a picture of the proper position of the control mechanism on the joy stick. Not totally sure I have it in the right position and the manual is no help on how its installed.

Thanks
DJ

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have the exact same problem on my loader. Installed new valve assembly have made sure all lines are correct. Still the bucket only dumps. If i hold the roll back just slightly over the bucket will creep back but will not fully roll back. takes for ever. My thoughts are a broken piston or seals. but just really weird. Did this feed ever get resolved?
Is this an OEM replacement valve? If so it has a regenerative dump circuit and most likely you have the hoses going to the cylinders reversed.

Dan

jonsstihl

Equipment
kUBOTA GRAND L4740
Jul 2, 2020
quebec, canada
the regenerative function puts pressure to both ports. usually if you keep pushing the stick farther over it will pass the detent and go into normal mode with only one side pressurized.

sounds to me like the hoses are switched between dump and curl cycle at the loader side and not on the valve. If the thing is brand new I would highly doubt it needs a rebuild.

sometimes the hoses are hooked to a hardline on the loader and they may have got it wrong at the factory. find out which fitting on the hard line goes to which side of the curl/dump cylinders and sawp those loader side hoses.

jonsstihl

Equipment
kUBOTA GRAND L4740
Jul 2, 2020
quebec, canada
switching at the valve just makes it regen (both ports pressurized) when you try and curl. which makes it dump in both directions.

I would switch the connections between the hose that comes from the valve and the hardline on the loader. not from the hardline to the cylinder.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
switching at the valve just makes it regen (both ports pressurized) when you try and curl. which makes it dump in both directions.

I would switch the connections between the hose that comes from the valve and the hardline on the loader. not from the hardline to the cylinder.
Say what?

Switching at the valve ia exactly the same as switching at the cylinder and a lot easier.

Dan

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
could anyone possibly post a picture of the proper position of the control mechanism on the joy stick. Not totally sure I have it in the right position and the manual is no help on how its installed.

Thanks
DJ
i can't say your connections are the same as my b2100 ?, but !!..i did have this issue with my bucket not curling once i had all the lines connected. my problem was the bucket was not working correctly when using the joy stick ?, come to find out..i had the two lines coming from the hydro line that leads from pump to rear hydro area backwards ?!. once i swapped these two lines around, now everything works correctly !. sooo...where ever your joy stick gets its hydraulic fluid from ?, check to make sure you have those lines in the correct spot coming off the line ?!. this pic clearly shows the correct routing of the lines to joy stick, i had the two lines backwards from the diverter block, swapped them, everything works great now.

Attachments

DRJ

Equipment
Jun 13, 2024
Utah
I made some headway today. Got the roll back issue taken care of. Some of you were right. The hosing was backwards and had to change the position of the remote connector block.

So now a different issue, when raising the boom, if I have any rpma to the motor and I'm full back on the stick, the boom will lock up mid lift. I have to drop it slightly. If I pull back gently, not much force, the boom raises just fine.
Any thoughts on this one. I would still like a picture of someones remote station to see if I'm in the right location.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I made some headway today. Got the roll back issue taken care of. Some of you were right. The hosing was backwards and had to change the position of the remote connector block.

So now a different issue, when raising the boom, if I have any rpma to the motor and I'm full back on the stick, the boom will lock up mid lift. I have to drop it slightly. If I pull back gently, not much force, the boom raises just fine.
Any thoughts on this one. I would still like a picture of someones remote station to see if I'm in the right location.
Your latest issue sounds more like a cable control issue than hydraulic. Have a helper operate the joystick while you watch the movement of the spool in the valve.

Dan

DRJ

Equipment
Jun 13, 2024
Utah
Your latest issue sounds more like a cable control issue than hydraulic. Have a helper operate the joystick while you watch the movement of the spool in the valve.

Dan
Problem found and remedied. The quick coupler had a miss matches set. One side of the couplers plunger would close the plunger and the system locked up. Replace couplers and all is good I'm the world.
Dj