Pricing: 2022 B2601 with 55 hrs

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Thank you. Do you think I should do 90% of the base price or 90% of the total price that I paid with tax? The price I put on the spreadsheet was actual price not the out the door price
I'd start at 90% of what another buyer would pay to get that exact same setup.

From what I've seen I don't think it'll sell at that price, but you can always reduce and you can't increase.

My logic is that someone buying a new one (for what would be 10% more) would get:
  • Factory warranty
  • No concerns about previous owner, and whether they have caused damage to the machine or maintained it poorly
  • Potential for factory financing
  • If they want slightly different options than you chose, they can get the exact options they want
I think those things are worth more than 10%. At 20% you would probably get more interest.

I also have a theory that tractors mostly sell for what you paid for them. New tractors get more expensive, old tractors stay the same price. Probably that's also about the 10% that we're talking about.

But having said that, a lot of people have no idea what these things cost new, and may not pay attention to the difference between MSRP and actual out the door prices. If you list it at 10% off new, and it sells, then you've done well.