Post Hole Digger for Kubota B7100D Tractor

benne

Equipment
Kubota B7100D
Sep 2, 2013
Crownsville
I recently purchased a time capsule of a tractor. It's an 81 Kubota B7100D that only had 24hrs on it. I'm looking to buy a 3pt post hole digger that it can handle. I'm mostly looking to use it to dig 10-12inch holes for planting saplings. Looking for suggestions on what brand and size to buy that my 16hp tractor can handle. Does anyone out there currently own my tractor and a post hole digger that has operated well for you?

thanks,
Ben

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
I recently purchased a time capsule of a tractor. It's an 81 Kubota B7100D that only had 24hrs on it. I'm looking to buy a 3pt post hole digger that it can handle. I'm mostly looking to use it to dig 10-12inch holes for planting saplings. Looking for suggestions on what brand and size to buy that my 16hp tractor can handle. Does anyone out there currently own my tractor and a post hole digger that has operated well for you?

thanks,
Ben
Welcome to OTT! And congrats on such a low hour tractor. I know nothing about what hole digger you will need, I just want to see some pics of this time capsule of a tractor.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Beautiful machine.

There are a few companies that make augers specifically for small tractors. These have a higher mount, to allow for the 3pt being closer to the ground on the small units. I suggest you start with ebay to get the manufacturers names. I have the direct links around here somewhere but I know I have seen the same products on ebay.

Stuart

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have a B6100 and have powered a standard size post hole digger and ran up to a 12 inch bit with no problems what so ever.

benne

Equipment
Kubota B7100D
Sep 2, 2013
Crownsville
Well I bought an old Greenline brand post hole digger today. It is a model 15000 that can handle up to a 12" bit, but came with only a 6". This was a barn find that was sitting in the dirt for God knows how long. Brought it home, lubed everything up well and it worked. I dug a couple of practice holes and everything seems in order. Only $200 on Craigs, I took a gamble on it as the 80yr old lady seller didn't have any information on it or even when it was last operated.