Positive Comments about your Kubota

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Many of us come here when we have a problem, need guidance, need an idea on how to build something, advice, and to just read.

So thought I would create a post for us to comment on how much we like our tractor(s) and to compliment the work it has done for us.

My L4600 is 6 years old, I bought it used and she just rolled over 300 hours this week. Not one single problem that I did not cause, one flat tire and I bent the tubing on the loader. QA lever got caught in some vines and and released, before I saw it I pushed a blow down and it tweaked the bucket bending the tubing brace, not tractors fault. Many chimed in to help me get it repaired.

Six years and 302 hours of great service.

How well has your Kubota served you?

Jay

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
Great thread.

I have about 2000hrs spread across 4 Kubotas and have not had a single issue that required any dealer support. I have very little to complain about. I’m especially found of my KX-057 excavator. An engineering marvel in my opinion.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I bought my 1ST kubota about 5+ years ago....an 80 year old man ....said "I would have nothing else"

I own 3 now.....

and kick my own ass for NOT getting one 20 years ago........

some of the best money I could spend on a tool that make life so much easier.

Expensive of ownership is much less than the expensive of NOT getting things done when needed!

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I bought my L245DT this spring. It's old, but it works well, and it is paid for. It has almost 2000hrs on it, just got a new coat of paint and some new parts, and I should have bought a kubota ten years ago.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Great thread.

Purchased my fist Kubota in 2006 (BX23 TLBM) for a part time landscaping business I started then. That machine paid for itself the very first season. It was a great little tractor to do the types of jobs that I wanted (1-2 day jobs).

Had very few issues with it, all of which I handled myself. We parted ways last year (after 11 years with somewhere around 3K hard hours on it) when I moved to another property that had a some larger tractor/backhoe needs.

I hope that this new one will last as long as that little BX23. Time will tell, but I have lots of faith in these orange machines. Sure they have some limitations, but they have proved to me thus far that they are capable of punching well above their weight class.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I've owned my 1977, B7100 for several years now. I am amazed at what this little tractor can do and how it has held up over the years. It starts right up, even in the winter, doesn't leak a drop of anything. It has been one of my wiser purchases.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I've had three of them and so far they've all been bullet proof. First an L3800 which I really liked but do to then length of my driveway I sold and bought a B3200 with a front blower. It was a good tractor but to be honest I liked the 3800 better. I finally traded it in on the L3560 that I have now and will probably be my last. Great tractor and the cab really makes the difference when clearing snow for hours in a storm. Old guys like their comfort and heat not to mention the tunes.;)

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Over 4 years of flawless service, it’s the only reason I have been able to get as much done around the ranch and in the forest. I tried the rest, and bought the best.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Kubota is not the norm around here for big farming but is very popular for "hobby" farmers and people like myself who have a couple of acres up to 15 or 20.

But, the people I know who have them love them.

My L4600 is perfect for what I do, I would like to add a grapple in the future but other than that she is all I need.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Same here CM...lately there seems to be a Bota in every second driveway around here but when I talk to the full time farmers they tell me they're too light for their needs. A lot of them have Fords and MF's and those green buggers although I noticed one of the bigger farms has a good size Kubota. Now that I think of it when I was in the dealers a couple days ago looking to get a grapple and a grader scrapper (none of them Knew what I was talking about) they had one big orange centrefold on the lot but I was way to close to see the model number. Lol, love at first sight I tell ya, my knees got weak.:D:D:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I am only sorry I spent so much money on those other colored tractors before I found the orange one. First year I had her we had record snow power was out for 13 days,, and the beast never missed a lick pushing snow,, so yeah I like my orange tractor :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I am only sorry I spent so much money on those other colored tractors before I found the orange one. First year I had her we had record snow power was out for 13 days,, and the beast never missed a lick pushing snow,, so yeah I like my orange tractor :D
I am only sorry I spent so much money on those other colored tractors before I found the orange one.

Yepper, sorry skeets, guess the rest of us were just lucky, lol

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Still got mine. It's over 30 years old, still kicking along. Just got off of it actually and it still is more comfortable, quieter, faster, and more reliable than the newest version. My old G1900-S is a great mower. Wish they still made it but it'd be about $15,000 by now. The newest version is the GR2110 I believe which I'm not a fan of. Not at all.

Reminds me. I need to put a gallon or so of diesel in the tank. I filled it in January during winter servicing and have used it more this season than normal, and noticed earlier that the gauge is bouncing around the "E" mark. Unusual. Normally get an entire season out of 4 gallons.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I have ZERO negative comments about my Big Orange!!! That’s as positive as it gets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Worked Katie tonight for a bit cutting in the veggies that are done which is everything except the sunflowers, maters, melons and okra.

Stopped after disking to broadcast some wheat for the doves, got back on went to raise the loader and nothing............It would raise veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy slow, tried several times up and down.

Said dang got a post on OTT about how good Katie has been since I bought her and now the dang loader want lift.

Hmm, hoses good no kinks, fluid good just checked yesterday, what the heck.

Got back on her and tried again something sounded different, sounded like something dead heading then it hit me the disk was raised to the max, my top lift stop was loose and maxed out to the top. Lowered disk few inches and bam, loader lifted as it should.

Set my top lift stop, set loader couple feet off ground and off to the barn.

I was sweating but all is good.

propuckstopper

Equipment
GR2010, BX2380
Jan 10, 2018
Canada
I bought a brand new leftover 2008 GR2010 in the spring of 2009. Outside of the front axle bolts coming loose, I have had zero issues with the unit. It now has 450 hours on it, and runs and drives like new.

Fast forward to 2018, and I bought a new BX2380 as I now require light FEL capabilities. This tractor is just approaching the 50 hour mark, so I have performed the full 50 hour service. I went a little farther and changed the hydro and front axle fluids, just to be safe. Other than the 50 hour service, this BX2380 has never seen a wrench. Well, except one. When new the seat felt a little funny so I tilted it up to inspect it. One of the seat springs was laying in the pan and the bolt was missing. A quick call to the dealer got me the right bolt and I installed it myself.

For those that may be wondering why I have a GR and a BX, my son is now old enough to handle the GR. We now mow together, and with the GR (48 inch deck) and the BX (60 inch deck), we have cut our mowing time to about half.

Time is the most important thing to me these days, so keeping the old GR was a wise decision, and my son has a blast running it around the yard.

Last edited:

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
For those that may be wondering why I have a GR and a BX, my son is now old enough to handle the GR.
No one on this site is wondering why you have both a GR and a BX. Most of us probably think you should get a skid steer and a mini-ex.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Trust me if I could there would be one or 4 more here too

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have a BX2360 I bought new 5+ years ago.
It’s a year-round tool for me.
Someone here said the little BX and B’s were like a Swiss Army knife of tractors; I certainly agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk