Piston Marking? D1105

TimAT

Equipment
GF1800E
Oct 5, 2023
Kansas City. MO
D1105, Pistons all have a Letter "C" stamped into the top of them. Any significant meaning for this? Bores all appear to be standard size.
Does Kubota mark their pistons with the oversize as most others do?
The rings on this one are stuck in the pistons- big time. Rather than fight them out and take a chance on really damagine a piston ring land, I'm going to replace pistone, rings and rod bearings. Bearings look new and are not marked with OS or US, Still have to measure the crank.
D1105 #2 Piston.jpg

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150 Kubota LA 350 750 Woods S250 Bobcat 300x deere
Jul 18, 2024
CT
D1105, Pistons all have a Letter "C" stamped into the top of them. Any significant meaning for this? Bores all appear to be standard size.
Does Kubota mark their pistons with the oversize as most others do?
The rings on this one are stuck in the pistons- big time. Rather than fight them out and take a chance on really damagine a piston ring land, I'm going to replace pistone, rings and rod bearings. Bearings look new and are not marked with OS or US, Still have to measure the crank. View attachment 134476
I have seen the c mark on a different brand of motor and always seemed to line up with CAM side of block so you dont put pistons on rods wrong way. I dont think i would put new pistons in a used bore. Bore it oversized or clean up ole pistons. Pistons in ultrasonic cleaned and rings should come out. Always used a broken ring to clean up ring lands before i had s good ring land scraper.Heck if you didn’t already mix up rod bearing i would put them right back if they look that good.
Good luck 👍

TimAT

Equipment
GF1800E
Oct 5, 2023
Kansas City. MO
Thanks! I had not thought os the C being camshaft side.

I got everything measured today and it's all standard size, so that's a plus