Piranha tooth bar???

abolt300mag

Equipment
BX2380 60" MMM FEL Landpride 54" grapple LP 1248 box blade
Feb 21, 2019
Middletown De
On a bx2380 does the piranha tooth bar from bxpanded on the FEL bucket actually increase the performance enough to offset the cost? Although the bx2380 is impressive for its size and my lack of experience with a tractor this small, have had many MUCH larger tractors, I am left needing more FEL abilities. Opinions or suggestions?

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
PTB should be installed on S/CUTs as factory standard. It's worth the price, you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Neighbo had a couple of dozen truck loads of "fill" dirt plopped in the wrong spot. About 50% clay and sat for 5 years. I got my BX and tried to move them. No way. I had to use the hoe and break the mounds apart before I could move any. Only got four piles done. In came the piranha bar. Got the rest done in a day and a half.
The big difference was instead of a big flat cutting edge that the little machine does not have the power,weight or traction to cut into packed stuff, the bar has angle cutting edges that slice in at an angle. It's hard to explain but makes a word of difference.
Besides bumping up the pressure, best upgrade yet.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
On a bx2380 does the piranha tooth bar from bxpanded on the FEL bucket actually increase the performance enough to offset the cost? Although the bx2380 is impressive for its size and my lack of experience with a tractor this small, have had many MUCH larger tractors, I am left needing more FEL abilities. Opinions or suggestions?
Simple answer to your question is Piranha tooth bar on my L4701 is heck yes. If This thread don't convince you I don't think anything will.

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
I have a B2650 and that PTB is the cat's meow! Knocks over, cuts up, rips out brush, saplings, compacted dirt, etc. Definitely worth the price IMO. Oh and it protects your stock bucket's front edge. I've been thinking about getting their flat edge for smoothing and other bucket work where I don't want to maul and beat things up.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I have an answer that might not be as popular.
It depends on what you use your FEL for.
If you move dirt or gravel around, back drag a driveway or use it as an additional hand around your property....you may not need one.
If you do a little digging in firm dirt or want to pry up small trees then it's great to have. I have one on my B2320. I have used it to clear brush, move compacted dirt piles that a FEL with just a straight edge wouldn't do.
With it you can dig a bit and pry up items that a straight edge wouldn't or couldn't do. If you back drag you will have lines with the Piranha.
Without it it will be nice and smooth.
Either way you will get a lot of use out of it. You have to determine if it's worth it. And it takes two bolts to install and remove. I suggest you get the step bit.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have an answer that might not be as popular.
It depends on what you use your FEL for.
If you move dirt or gravel around, back drag a driveway or use it as an additional hand around your property....you may not need one.
If you do a little digging in firm dirt or want to pry up small trees then it's great to have. I have one on my B2320. I have used it to clear brush, move compacted dirt piles that a FEL with just a straight edge wouldn't do.
With it you can dig a bit and pry up items that a straight edge wouldn't or couldn't do. If you back drag you will have lines with the Piranha.
Without it it will be nice and smooth.
Either way you will get a lot of use out of it. You have to determine if it's worth it. And it takes two bolts to install and remove. I suggest you get the step bit.
Try back dragging with the bucket tilted less and you will get a real smooth finish. I do my driveway 4 or 5 times a year and it is better with the PTB on than with it off. I just use the bucket in a more level tilt and the back side of the PTB does an excellent job of smoothing the surface. I also use it to back drag mole hills and it gets them level and compacts the dirt at the same time.

kskomro

Equipment
BX1880, Loader, Rear Blade 60", Carry all
Feb 25, 2014
Center of CT
This is my second Kubota Bx i've owned. Piranha bar on both! I sold my first machine 3 years ago with the bar. I just purchased another machine, figured i could do without the bar. Guess what, I couldn't. I just got another one last week. It really helps a lot with sold ground. And ICE. I dug compacted process stone from my driveway like it was butter. Why beat up your bucket edge not using it.

Orange4X4

Equipment
L2350DT with loader , 52" Taylor Way , Ratchet Rake , Land Pride post hole
Aug 12, 2018
Concordia, MO
I bought one of these 60 inch tooth bars, no drilling the bucket & hardened teeth where I've read Piranaha are not hardened. (Saw on YouTube or reviews I think)
It clamps on using four allen socket screws & acorn nuts to keep the dirt out.
I had to replace the acorn nuts as they ship with packing slip wrapped around a tooth. The acorn nuts were all flattened down, Bought four new stainless ones from McMaster Carr.
Used it once already in Missouri clay, works great.
I also used it scraping with the teeth down to pull some brush back & it never got loose. Comes out of Spokane WA., cost me under $425 + the shipping to local
implement shop in town. I think they do FEDEX.
https://northstarattachments.com/attachments/bucket-tooth-bar/

kskomro

Equipment
BX1880, Loader, Rear Blade 60", Carry all
Feb 25, 2014
Center of CT
I put one on my BX1880, and love it. If you are doing any kind of digging it is a must. Makes it much easier on the machine. Why beat up your loader, when this cuts like butter. I take my off after i'm done with any digging. Makes the bucket lighter.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I bought one of these 60 inch tooth bars, no drilling the bucket & hardened teeth where I've read Piranaha are not hardened. (Saw on YouTube or reviews I think)
It clamps on using four allen socket screws & acorn nuts to keep the dirt out.
I had to replace the acorn nuts as they ship with packing slip wrapped around a tooth. The acorn nuts were all flattened down, Bought four new stainless ones from McMaster Carr.
Used it once already in Missouri clay, works great.
I also used it scraping with the teeth down to pull some brush back & it never got loose. Comes out of Spokane WA., cost me under $425 + the shipping to local
implement shop in town. I think they do FEDEX.
https://northstarattachments.com/attachments/bucket-tooth-bar/

That's how the HeavyHitch toothbar fastens to the bucket, no holes to drill. Except the HH toothbar uses different teeth....
https://heavyhitch.com/product/bucket-tooth-bar-clamp-on-sub-compact-tractor/

Has really good reviews.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Thanks for the links. I could use something like these clamp on bars!

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
One thing to keep in mind is that if you use the backhoe often, using the bucket to lift the front for stabilizing will tear up the ground much more so with the piranha blade than with a flat edge. If it's a big concern, the bar is easy enough to take off when using the backhoe.