Piranha tooth bar vs. Palm tree

st8yd

Equipment
2003 L3130 HST, LA513, Pats easy hitch
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
I've had the bar on for several months now but hav'nt had time to do any work. Well over the past couple weekends I got some stuff done! Real happy with this Piranha.
My intention was to push it over, and was rather surprised when it cut it clean in to, did it a few more times just for the fun of it. LOL

Next time I decide to fuss with gett'n some swamp cabbage I think this will make it a little easier.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Dayum!!!!

I would like to see that in action!

Only thing that I have cut that easily is my shin! And the PTB was standing still!:eek:

Them oak and pines around here gots a little more in the hardness than the palm tree:D

What does a root ball of a palm look like?:)

st8yd

Equipment
2003 L3130 HST, LA513, Pats easy hitch
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
Ya the oaks don't cut that easily except for maybe upto 3" dia. Depending on the pine probably 4" or so. But the bar usually grabs these and pulls them up by the roots.
The palm root ball is just that kind of a ball and not real big. Sometimes they push over real easy and sometimes they don't at all.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Dayum!!!!

I would like to see that in action!

Only thing that I have cut that easily is my shin! And the PTB was standing still!:eek:

Them oak and pines around here gots a little more in the hardness than the palm tree:D

What does a root ball of a palm look like?:)

I’ve been fortunate to only hit my shin on mine once. ***129322;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlieFoxtrot

Equipment
B2650
Dec 8, 2016
Northeast
I push pines over all the time with my bucket raised up to get leverage. Then I put the PTB under the tree and pick it up, root ball and all.