Piranha tooth bar, so far so good.

PWarton

May 5, 2020
New Mexico
I received it a short while ago and have already put it through hell and back, digging out oak stumps that are too big (I really need a mini ex). This thing has held up very well. It's very well made.

Reactions: 1 users

PWarton

May 5, 2020
New Mexico
Sorry, yes this is a B2320. I put the tooth bar through hell again (along with the Kubota) last weekend. It's still held up very well. One thing that's nice is gripping on a log so I can chainsaw it. The teeth grip good, unlike the bucket. A little extra capacity when moving dirt is nice too. How come dealers don't option something like this?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:

How come dealers don't option something like this?

Well, one Canadian dealer list them for $495 ,plus shipping/handling/ and 13% taxes on top...

I suspect there's a very small number of possible sales, so not worth it.There's possibly 12-15 different buckets that Kubota offers ? As a manufacturer, how many do you make for EACH model of bucket ? How long do you store on a shelf as 'inventory', collecting dust COSTING you money ? What quantity of raw materials do you stockpile for production ? There's dozens of 'factors' that go into determining whether a product IS a viable seller.

Instead of shelling out $600 for the 'real' bar and waiting 2-4-8 weeks for it, I made my own, from scrap , that bolts into the existing 7 x 5/8 holes in my BX23S bucket. Only took maybe 2 hours to fab up. OK, I have to sharpen the points every 3 months.,takes 10 minutes, not a big deal. My 'backyard bodge' works for me.

Reactions: 1 user

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
3 months of using a Piranha bar and I have completed a whole pile of regular and odd jobs faster and easier. Turning the fall leaf compost, mixing the compost in with garden soil, distributing compost everywhere, dump and drag cubic foot of gravel, smoothing out old field terrace contours, etc are all so much easier. Float the bucket on the ground and tear into a field of weeds and small trees -- that's fun.

Reactions: 2 users