Piranha Tooth Bar - disadvantages?

Torrin

Equipment
B2650, loader, Front snowblower, Cab, driveway drag, backblade, brush mower
Jun 7, 2014
Mecosta County MI USA
I now have a 2650 with a LA534 loader. Does anyone know the correct size for the loader that I have? I get two different measurements. Without the reinforcing plate in the loer corner of the loader it is 58-1/2 with the reinforcing plates it is 58- /8

My Piranha that I had on my BX did all I wanted it to do and more. That is why I am looking at a bar for my new tractor

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
I now have a 2650 with a LA534 loader. Does anyone know the correct size for the loader that I have? I get two different measurements. Without the reinforcing plate in the loer corner of the loader it is 58-1/2 with the reinforcing plates it is 58- /8

My Piranha that I had on my BX did all I wanted it to do and more. That is why I am looking at a bar for my new tractor
I have a 2650 with standard bucket. I ordered the 52" piranha tooth bar, and it fits perfect. Maybe you have the light materials bucket, which is larger than my bucket?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Martin092009

Equipment
MX5800
Jun 17, 2017
Georgetown, KY
I just received notification of shipment on the one I ordered for my MX5800. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow so it'll take a few days before I can install it and do a little digging :)

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Very easy to install if you follow the recommendations. Here's pic by pic:

Got the holes drilled once I set it in and tapped it good!

Lined everything up and drilled the holes, here is how perfectly it fit - both sides.

Getting ready to bolt it on!

Bolts tight and...

And WOW this thing rips and tears and I had more fun than my wife wanted me to have today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Very easy to install if you follow the recommendations. Here's pic by pic:

Now thats a digging machine!!!!!!!!!

Wait till you start to move some dirt and then backdrag some dirt ... you'll find it better than you could have dreamed!;):)

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Thanks Hokie! I'm so stoked!!! I wanted people to see that even an old has been guitar player can do the work!!!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks Hokie! I'm so stoked!!! I wanted people to see that even an old has been guitar player can do the work!!!

shhhhh......

we dont call it "work".........we call it "fun time" - just dont tell the better half!:D:)

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
You will not regret this attachment. I got so much more done at the farm today because of it. Was able to clear really thick brush and cedars like it was butter.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
You will not regret this attachment. I got so much more done at the farm today because of it. Was able to clear really thick brush and cedars like it was butter.

Where is Plainfield?

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
OK - it sounds like my next attachment!
You will be pleased. I have one and the only time I have taken it off was to scrape up a load of rock I had delivered on my black top drive way. I spent a couple of months working away at about 50 truck loads of fill that had been dumped on the lower 40. Mostly a clay base that had been there for about ten years. It rains a little here in Oregon so after that amount of time, it was basically concrete. Broke down to breaking it up with the hoe and moving it that way.
Enter the Piranha bar. Because you are not pushing on a strait cutting edge, you now have an angle that "slices" through the clay. Where I would just spin the tires before, I could now take about a 3 or 4 inch cut off the top and just start shaving away at the piles. It made a world of difference.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I put one on my L3301 early after I got the tractor.
Best thing ever for digging in my Oklahoma red dirt/clay.
One disadvantage. The Titan pallet forks (clamp on) don't work as well with the bar on. I cut a couple of teeth back to give the forks clamping area a bit more surface.

Double B the tractor guy

Equipment
B2650
Aug 21, 2017
SE Wisconsin, USA

I have the exact same set-up (Kubota B2650 with light material 60" bucket). I called BXpanded today prior to placing my order for a Piranha Tooth Bar. I was told to measure inside the reinforcement plates. That dimension was 58 1/8".

Based on that, I ordered a 58" Piranha Tooth Bar. I was concerned that if I went up an additional 1/4" that the bar would not fit between the reinforcement plates inside the bucket.

Hope this helps! :)

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
I used the exact measure of the inside of the bucket where the bar would bolt. The bar fit in exactly as I measured. Perfect fit. Nice and tite and I am well pleased with it . Easy to drill with the step bit they sent too.:D