Pine Bush Power Equipment ?

Guy

May 16, 2015
Newburgh, NY
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. I am also a new tractor owner (my first tractor). I just received my brand new BX25D-1 yesterday ( 2nd try) & it's been a nightmare.

I have two questions:

1) I assume that there could be no reason for any fluid leaking (I am new to this so go easy on me, hahah). My line of thinking is no, on the other hand I was thinking maybe the 'prep- guys' at the dealer just over topped the fluids?

2) Has anyone on this forum done any business with Pine Bush Power Equipment in their Pine Bush NY location? If so how was your experience?

I must say mine has been horrible. This is the second time they delivered the BX to me. The first time the PTO was lever was stuck in the rear position. Luckily I checked every thing before they left. I made them reload it & take it back. they could not fix it & had to redo contacts with a different tractor, took another 5 days. Now here I am with a second tractor that leaks!

I am at a loss..... why so many problems, is it because they are sitting on the lot for a year? I doubt it's Kubota build quality... all tho I am not feeling to good. I am assuming it's poor dealer prep....

Thanks... whish my first post could have been a bit more positive.

Guy

Last edited:

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Hi guy, I have dealt with East PBE in CT and they have been polite and easy to deal with for any parts I have ordered through them. East PBE doesn't even deal with tractors, only Kubota excavators, track loaders, etc since that area in CT doesn't have much for rural users. Hopefully you just have a few little bugs and they take care of you. I would take to the owner or service manager and make sure they know of the issues you've had and that you're looking for correct resolution asap.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
No, the tractor should not leak from the dealer.
Yes, make the dealer fix everything.
No, it's probably not a Kubota issue.
Yes, it's possible for any tractor to have issues from the factory but it's not common with Kubota's from a reputable dealer.

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
Hey Guy,

I am new to forum and have not done the proper introduction yet, as I am still contemplating my first tractor purchase and plan on pulling the trigger very soon. I have just been lurking but saw your post and wanted to reply.

I recently went to PBE and talked to sales. I was not overly impressed yet, but I like to hold out and give folks a chance to shine and not bash them right away, so the jury is still out.

Here is what I have so far.

This is very petty, but when I first got there I think I wandered around for close to 10 min browsing and sitting on stuff before anyone even asked me if I needed help or if someone was helping me. There were plenty of employees around too, some looking busy and others just having conversations with each other. OK, they may not have been sales, but In my book, they still should of showed some interest in the guy with a couple brochures in his hand looking at equipment. Again, this was petty and was just my very first impression and would not hold this against them in and of itself.

What I am really struggling with is the quote I received for a tractor. It was significantly above MSRP, to the point where I felt insulted. I didn't really realize it until I got home. I am the kind of guy that really does his homework before buying anything. I am not a huge price shopper as I would like to stay as local and as loyal as possible and I truly value expertise and quality service over price any day. So it looks like that free delivery is anything but free.

So far, thats two strikes against them and I am sleeping on it and doing more homework before addressing the issue with them. I am guessing that I will be going elsewhere, as they inspired me to seek out alternative quotes from other dealers not too far away, which I was not planning on doing prior to being insulted! I have one that is significantly less, and waiting on a couple others. I have not visited them yet and need to make sure they are quality first.

So this leads me to ask you, if you don't mind. What exactly did you buy and what did you pay for it? Curious if this is typical of them or if I had a big "sucker" on my forehead, and I can assure you I am lots of things but I am no sucker! Also if you can offer anything else about your sales experience.

I plan to call them out and see what they have to say about it and if they are willing to work with me. I can post an update if interested.

Wish I had more for you, but looks like you are few steps ahead of me.

Thank you and good luck with your new tractor. I am sure you will get the kinks worked out and I am sure they will take care of it for you.

Brian

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What I am really struggling with is the quote I received for a tractor. It was significantly above MSRP,

BEFORE WE CAN HELP YOU -
WHAT TRACTOR - MODEL ......
OPTIONS?
ALL OTHER THINGS THAT CAME WITH IT...

PRICE??

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
Hokie,

Thank you very much for asking. However, I didn't really want to hijack Guy's thread and was not really asking for help yet. I am pretty adept at seeking the information, via "build my Kubota" as well as searching forums, and getting quotes from other dealers. So I know for a fact it is way over priced, I mean like I am appalled! It is very disheartening because I really wanted to business with them and now I am just really irritated and have to jump through hoops and contact other dealers.

I didn't want my first post to be the same ole same ole asking for information that is already out there. I worry you guys get tired of that.

Anyways, I bet now everyone wants to know because the suspense must be killing them? So here goes…..

B2601, R4 Tires
FEL LA434, 54" QA Bucket (including coupler)
BH70 BH, 16" bucket
Mechanical Thumb
$29900 Less $750 two implement discount plus Dock Fees, Waste Tire fees
Total $29300
Plus insurance and tax, which is inconsequential to the fact they are ripping me off!

So the number to really focus on is the $29900 this is the selling price before any discounts or fees, etc. The comparison "build price" MSRP is $27,687
That is over MSRP by $2213. Other than the two implement discount of $750, thats it, no additional dealer discounts. In fact, they hammered me with dealer increases as you can see. Disgusting isn't it?

I know most dealers provide pricing at some amount UNDER MSRP. A complete rip off! He said its free delivery. yeah right! He also said, any problems and his cell phone is always on and he would be right there to help me and come out and take care of it. Which is what you want in a dealer. I am not one to low ball because I am also in the service business (electric and plumbing) but c'mon, at what upfront cost?

I am getting other quotes for 2-3 thousand less, which is more in line with what I would expect.

Again folks, I completely understand that expertise and quality service after the sale is a HUGE factor with one of these purchases. However, I am not paying a premium of thousands of dollars for that, when the other dealers that I have not completely checked out yet could be just as good or better, and I am getting a very fuzzy feeling from one which is the same distance away and the price is way better. I need to go and see them and feel them out in person.

So Guy, I hope you feel this is relevant to your OP as it shows the character of PBE.

So what am I missing? I don't want to be bashing any business where its not warranted.

Very curious how Guy makes out to see if their service really matches their pricing. Also very curious what he paid and how his sales experience was.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Anyways, I bet now everyone wants to know because the suspense must be killing them? So here goes…..

B2601, R4 Tires
BH70 BH, 16" bucket
Mechanical Thumb
Total $29300
Plus insurance and tax, which is inconsequential to the fact they are ripping me off!

So the number to really focus on is the $29900 this is the selling price before any discounts or fees, etc. The comparison "build price" MSRP is $27,687
That is over MSRP by $2213. Other than the two implement discount of $750, thats it, no additional dealer discounts. In fact, they hammered me with dealer increases as you can see. Disgusting isn't it?

I know most dealers provide pricing at some amount UNDER MSRP. A complete rip off! He said its free delivery. yeah right! He also said, any problems and his cell phone is always on and he would be right there to help me and come out and take care of it. Which is what you want in a dealer. I am not one to low ball because I am also in the service business (electric and plumbing) but c'mon, at what upfront cost?

I am getting other quotes for 2-3 thousand less, which is more in line with what I would expect.

SOMETHING aint right here......

i got the exact same price when going to kubota.com and specifying the same equipment as you did.....cost .... $27,687....

based on "typical" transactions .....knock off 10% from the top.....
so $27,687 - 10% comes to about $24,900 ish.......then you get to add the taxes and all that other BS.....

I would have him explain to you each one.....but I WOULD also have a quote from other dealers in your back pocket, maybe somewhere he made a mistake? Probably not, so tell him that you will pay what another dealer has said and if he says no....them tell him to his face that he lost a sale.

I do not like dealers who treat me like I am stupid.....I once told a dealer (car) that if he treated me like a was an idiot I was walking out ......his next words where well thought out, but still high - took 55 minutes for him to see the light.....

Get your other quotes.....show him and then .....decide! IT IS your money !

Tell us what happens next! GOOD luck

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
Hokie,

Thank you very much for asking. However, I didn't really want to hijack Guy's thread and was not really asking for help yet. I am pretty adept at seeking the information, via "build my Kubota" as well as searching forums, and getting quotes from other dealers. So I know for a fact it is way over priced, I mean like I am appalled! It is very disheartening because I really wanted to business with them and now I am just really irritated and have to jump through hoops and contact other dealers.

I didn't want my first post to be the same ole same ole asking for information that is already out there. I worry you guys get tired of that.

B2601, R4 Tires
BH70 BH, 16" bucket
Mechanical Thumb
Total $29300

Again folks, I completely understand that expertise and quality service after the sale is a HUGE factor with one of these purchases. However, I am not paying a premium of thousands of dollars for that, when the other dealers that I have not completely checked out yet could be just as good or better, and I am getting a very fuzzy feeling from one which is the same distance away and the price is way better. I need to go and see them and feel them out in person.

So Guy, I hope you feel this is relevant to your OP as it shows the character of PBE.

So what am I missing? I don't want to be bashing any business where its not warranted.

Very curious how Guy makes out to see if their service really matches their pricing. Also very curious what he paid and how his sales experience was.
are you sure something else or a better something else was not included?

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
Yup. Absolutely sure, I am a real stickler for the details!

I called him out and he offered a very significant drop in price. Which I would of accepted the first time around, but now that he caused me to jump through hoops and contact other dealers, its game on. I hate doing it, just not my style.

He even marked the insurance up on me. A real tool.

This is exactly why I hate buying new stuff.

So Guy, still very curious how they are treating you. Are you still with us?

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
So it looks like this thread is pretty much dead and Guy never came back with update and was just doing a drive by.

Anyways, I wanted to stop back with a quick update, in case anyone else stumbles across this and is looking to do biz with PBE.

I did finally purchase from PBE. I ended up with a much better price after being forced to shop around and play the game, which I did not really want to do, as its exhausting.

I can't really blame the salesman for trying to make a good profit off me as that is his job. After I called him out, he played ball and I did not feel like he ever lied to me or treated me bad, other than gouging my on price initially.

So I got a good fair price and went with them instead of the other dealer, that was same distance, pretty much because they had my machine and the other dealer had to transfer it. Otherwise, I probably would of went with Columbia Tractor up near Hudson, NY. There first impression was much better and the guy I dealt with via email was great. If they only had the machine on the lot, I probably would of went with them.

The sales guy from PBE, Dave the son of the owner, turned out to be very pleasant and the delivery training/inspection went very well and I was pleased with his level of service. I was ready to do battle, but he never asked me to sign anything until I was completely satisfied with the machine. I still did not own it yet. We removed and installed Loader, BH, and installed 3pt, etc. Everything looked good and didn't see any leaks or funny smells. After he left, I continued to scrutinize the machine and study the manuals for the rest of day. Thats when I discovered a few assembly issues. Mostly minor stuff I just fixed myself. A couple others, Dave is coming out tomorrow to take a look and deal with it. So far, so good. The service has been quick and attentive. I just hope the issues are resolved quickly and to my satisfaction and I have nothing bad to say about PBE. Hopefully, he addresses the issues with his assembly staff. Just stupid oversight stuff that should not of been missed, carelessness, and a few too many really. However, I had a 3rd function installed on loader and they did a pretty nice job and it looks good.

I will come back with one last update to this thread when its all resolved.

I would love to know how Guy made out.

Finally, I will post soon about my purchase details and stuff in separate thread. I don't feel like it belongs here. This was guys thread and I just wanted to update since i talked some smack about PBE.

So to summarize. The service looks good so far. I guess some assembly problems are bound to happen cuz good help is hard to find and everyone is in a hurry nowadays. How they deal with it now is what counts.

So where u at GUY? Why you gotta do us like that? :D

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
Ok so got all the issues worked out except for one. This last one turns out not to be an assembly issue but a possible factory issue. Dave is looking into it as well as I, using the forum.

So the service so far has been excellent.

I would not hesitate to recommend buying from PBE, just do your pricing homework before you sign the dotted line.

DONE!