Paint match?

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
30 years out in the sun and weather.
he original paint has a depth.. tanned in the sun ? I rather like the color.

Is there a common "aged" match? The new Kubota color is too LOUD!.

Last edited:

Utopia Texas

Equipment
Kubota B2650/Kubota L6060
Jun 14, 2017
Brookshire & Cat Spring, Texas
IMO Machinery is too expensive to let sit outside when not in use. My tractors, riding lawn mowers, sprayers, harvesters, cleaners, sizers, crackers and shellers are all kept indoors. Even the mowers, plows and disks are fork lifted onto shelves in the barn when not on the tractors. I have some 50+ year old machinery that looks like it was bought last year. Your mileage may vary! :)

Last edited:

Kubota Christian

Equipment
B7100 HST 4WD
Jun 7, 2017
OH-IO
Twomany, the most basic answer to this is that there is an original Kubota orange used on tractors before about 1985-90. After that, the brighter "Orange II" was introduced. Check out the articles by "Service Dept. Vic" off the home page.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
IMO Machinery is too expensive to let sit outside when not in use.! :)

While I agree completely, many of us simply don't have space to store under cover. Unfortunately, my 3ph implements are outside. Snowblower, FEL, and MMM are indoors with the tractor.

Of course, some of us acquire an old gem that lived outside for years. [emoji106]

Just chuckled to myself- my tractor is under cover, but my truck lives outside!! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Any good body shop or paint supplier will be able to match it; even with it's fade.

Reminds me, I had a guy ask me recently why some Kubota's fade badly and others don't. Well for one, at one point, they had to change the paint formulation and it was subject to fade. Kubota owned up to the complaints and replaced the parts that faded; but an owner had to complain. No complaint=no fix. And two, people don't think about it, but a good coat of wax will certainly help the paint live a long life. If it's to sit outside it's entire life, about 2-3 times a year should be sufficient. Here, we have sunshine a good majority of days, well between 4 tornado seasons. The sun will take it's toll if no wax is applied. The wax seals the paint underneath it. It also reflects the sun's radiation, both of which help it live a long life without fading.

Always amazes me how many cars I see with clear coat falling off. Never saw any wax in it's life. I know MANY folks who wash once every year or so, never wax, and then they're griping because the clearcoat is peeling. I own one, bought it that way, PO admitted to never doing anything but driving it and doing an oil change every 10,000 miles. And it showed.

Steve Neul

Equipment
B5200
Jun 3, 2017
Terrell, TX
30 years out in the sun and weather.
he original paint has a depth.. tanned in the sun ? I rather like the color.

Is there a common "aged" match? The new Kubota color is too LOUD!.
I don't know about the faded color. Mine has been painted twice in the last 30 years. Anyway the old Kubota color was much more yellow than what they are doing today. In order to make my B5200 the original color I have to take Kubota Orange and mix it 1 to 1 with yellow.