One of my wheels fell off of my B2650 hydrostatic drive.0

Goldsmith1

Equipment
B2650
Feb 10, 2022
Creston, NC
I was box scraping our road the other day and one of my frontwheels, spindleand all fell off. I had a mobile mechanic come out and he pulled the wheels assembly apart and found only a part of one of the two clips or keys that goes into the groove in the spindle. One of the thin bearing spacers was actually pushed back into the housing and not pressed against the lip on the housing that the bearing rest against. He replaced both of the clips/keys. Installed a new shim and put everything back together. When the front wheels are off of the ground you can grab the wheel and slightly rock it back and forth. The otherside has no play in it. Does anyone know what needs to be done to get the play out of of that wheel. The two closest dealers are over and hour away and to be honest, aren't worth going back to. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Goldsmith1

Equipment
B2650
Feb 10, 2022
Creston, NC
I was box scraping our road the other day and one of my frontwheels, spindleand all fell off. I had a mobile mechanic come out and he pulled the wheels assembly apart and found only a part of one of the two clips or keys that goes into the groove in the spindle. One of the thin bearing spacers was actually pushed back into the housing and not pressed against the lip on the housing that the bearing rest against. He replaced both of the clips/keys. Installed a new shim and put everything back together. When the front wheels are off of the ground you can grab the wheel and slightly rock it back and forth. The otherside has no play in it. Does anyone know what needs to be done to get the play out of of that wheel. The two closest dealers are over and hour away and to be honest, aren't worth going back to. Any help would be appreciated.
It is also 4wd.

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
When you say 'rock', is it up and down or in and out?

Were the bearings replaced at the time?

Reactions: 1 user

gator tx

Equipment
Cab M7060
Aug 21, 2023
down south
Need a shop manual or at least a diagram of the parts. Thats the best thing. It will show you everything you need and how it goes together.

Goldsmith1

Equipment
B2650
Feb 10, 2022
Creston, NC
When you say 'rock', is it up and down or in and out?

Were the bearings replaced at the time?
He told me the bearings were good. So no, they weren't replaced. The axel it tight in the wheel. When I grab on either side of the tire while facing the wheel if I push with my right hand a pull with my left like I was steering a motorcycle, it will rock back and forth. It's like the axel is a little sloshy inside. The other wheel has no play. I really don't feel like pushes in or pulls out enough for me to be able to tell.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Is it supposed to be real tight or a little slop in it for articulation? Am curious.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Where is a good place to get a service manual?

I would start with kubotabooks.com, free pdf download.

Printed can be ordered through dealer.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Don't know where to look at that plus no reason to not post here.
Look for an envelope icon in the upper right hand corner, or possibly just click on the name DeFerris in his post.

He probably sent you an electronic version of the manual which can’t be posted (too large?)

PM = Private Message

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
He told me the bearings were good. So no, they weren't replaced. The axel it tight in the wheel. When I grab on either side of the tire while facing the wheel if I push with my right hand a pull with my left like I was steering a motorcycle, it will rock back and forth. It's like the axel is a little sloshy inside. The other wheel has no play. I really don't feel like pushes in or pulls out enough for me to be able to tell.
There is either case damage / wear, axle shaft damage / wear, gear damage / wear, or there is bearing damage / wear .
Or something was not assembled correctly.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Just a thought, watch your inner and outer tie rod ends while you are rocking the wheel in and out by hand.

Reactions: 2 users

Goldsmith1

Equipment
B2650
Feb 10, 2022
Creston, NC
Ok, when he removed the axel flange from the front gear case, a shim was found pushed inside of the the hole on the gear case marked in red in my picture. This is confusing because they only show a shim marked in blue in my picture that is to shim the bearings on the axel flange. Did the last person I had work on replacing seals in the wheel not install things correctly? Is the front gear case supposed to have a shim along with the one on the axel flange that I have marked in blue?

Attachments