Old Kubota Orange and Husquvarna Orange

Dbuser2

Equipment
Kubota L225, Woods RM59-3, Howse bush hog, Sunburst box blade
Sep 11, 2023
Arkansas
I guess posting paint subsitiutes would be an appropiate place post here as I'm trying to restore a 1980 L225 I purchased back in 2003. Love this old tractor to death even though I own an unmentionable newer green tractor. Sometimes you just need a smaller one to do the right job. Anyway, a few days ago wilst working in the woods with my chain saw I set the entire saw box ontop of the tractor to get it out of the way. I stood there awhile staring at the color thinking even though faded that looks awful close to the L225. I took the box down and pulled out the chain saw, pulled back the hood where there is some unfaded paint on the instrument hood and placed it next to that part of the hood. I spit and shined the tractor hood and from what I can tell it is a perfect match for the Old Kubota Orange paint. If anyone else has anything Husqvarna orange around they can do a similar match to the old Kubota Orange would be appreciated. I don't know if Husqvarna changes its orange color much, but at least this could be very good subsitute anytime when or if the Old Kubota orange paint from Krylon and Rustoleum are hard to find. The thing is the Husqvarna rattle can price for the substitute isn't much cheaper but maybe more available locally than Kubota paint. Anyway my two cents worth.

JohnDB

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Good thinking. Stihl and Husqvarna look pretty close to old Kubota orange to me... The Fiat/Someca mower faded orange looks like the old Kubota faded orange too.
Included a b&w mongrel in case that helps with white balance or black balance or whatever.

Kubota orange vs Huskqvarna vs Stihl vs Someca (resized) (Medium).png

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I guess posting paint subsitiutes would be an appropiate place post here as I'm trying to restore a 1980 L225 I purchased back in 2003. Love this old tractor to death even though I own an unmentionable newer green tractor. Sometimes you just need a smaller one to do the right job. Anyway, a few days ago wilst working in the woods with my chain saw I set the entire saw box ontop of the tractor to get it out of the way. I stood there awhile staring at the color thinking even though faded that looks awful close to the L225. I took the box down and pulled out the chain saw, pulled back the hood where there is some unfaded paint on the instrument hood and placed it next to that part of the hood. I spit and shined the tractor hood and from what I can tell it is a perfect match for the Old Kubota Orange paint. If anyone else has anything Husqvarna orange around they can do a similar match to the old Kubota Orange would be appreciated. I don't know if Husqvarna changes its orange color much, but at least this could be very good subsitute anytime when or if the Old Kubota orange paint from Krylon and Rustoleum are hard to find. The thing is the Husqvarna rattle can price for the substitute isn't much cheaper but maybe more available locally than Kubota paint. Anyway my two cents worth.
Whatever you paint it the sun will fade it pretty quickly.

Dan

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yeesh, thought neighbours dog had escaped again ! They love to RUN.
After you paint them 'new' again, once you USE them, they'll 'tone down' to 'BNIB' to 'used in fields,daily' fairly fast.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Chevrolet Engine Orange is what I use. Can't tell the difference. To me Orange is Orange.

Reactions: 1 users

Dbuser2

Equipment
Kubota L225, Woods RM59-3, Howse bush hog, Sunburst box blade
Sep 11, 2023
Arkansas
Good thinking. Stihl and Husqvarna look pretty close to old Kubota orange to me... The Fiat/Someca mower faded orange looks like the old Kubota faded orange too.
Included a b&w mongrel in case that helps with white balance or black balance or whatever.

View attachment 115349
Love the Whippet black and white. They come in handy and help you feel good when everthing else turns to crap.

Reactions: 1 user

JohnDB

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Love the Whippet black and white. They come in handy and help you feel good when everthing else turns to crap.
True. He's got a wonderful personality, gentle with humans, clean, friendly. Especially friendly with possums, hares, rabbits etc, even has them over for a meal or 2. Incredibly quick in a straight line and to change direction.