Notice to BX owners about Stabilizer Arms

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It was bound to happen, the drop in the price of the adjustable stabilizer arms. I made my own 20 years ago from another model Kubota tractor and they have worked out well. Recently Messicks started to offer them. Then I found them on Amazon while looking for something else for $119.

This morning I found them even less expensive, at only $79 on Amazon.

I have no idea of the quality of any of these, but no doubt about it, they are coming from a third-world country where labor is cheap and materials are plentiful. Messicks are the USA made of steel coming from where? Pick the one that you believe is the best choice and give us a review after you have used them for a while. I know that a lot of people have already purchased the Messick units so a review of those will be helpful.

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Great find Dusty!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Made in China, been around for a while.

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Nice find, too bad they are out of stock at the moment. No reviews either. Definitely not as well finished as the others out there.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Nice find, too bad they are out of stock at the moment. No reviews either. Definitely not as well finished as the others out there.
" not as well finished"?
WTF,....they are stabilizer arms!
I would buy them in a heartbeat, .....if I needed them!

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
" not as well finished"?
WTF,....they are stabilizer arms!
I would buy them in a heartbeat, .....if I needed them!
That is what I thought when I first saw them, but the pair that I cobbled together 20 years ago are still working well.

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in profile-about)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
I just ordered a set from Messick's. If I have a heavy load out front and a weight bucket or heavy implement on the back, I do not want a 3-point structural failure and resulting twisted tractor frame and smashed implement because of it. With Messick's there's a company name and reputation behind the products, plus the intent to provide quality products and service from the start.

With Chinese imports it's a nameless company out to produce a high volume of "acceptable" products at a low price for sale on the other side of the world. I'm pretty sure the assembly line workers in a sweltering factory have absolutely no concern about my well-being and are focused on trying to produce a subsistence wage to feed their family while not dying of heat exhaustion. It is a valid business strategy, however I'm not going to gamble my tractor and perhaps my own health on equipment just to save $100.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I just ordered a set from Messick's. If I have a heavy load out front and a weight bucket or heavy implement on the back, I do not want a 3-point structural failure and resulting twisted tractor frame and smashed implement because of it. With Messick's there's a company name and reputation behind the products, plus the intent to provide quality products and service from the start.

With Chinese imports it's a nameless company out to produce a high volume of acceptable" products at a low price for sale on the other side of the world. I'm pretty sure the assembly line workers in a sweltering factory have absolutely no concern about my well-being and are focused on trying to produce a subsistence wage to feed their family while not dying of heat exhaustion. It is a valid business strategy, however I'm not going to gamble my tractor and perhaps my own health on equipment
just to save $100.
YMMV ? ;)