Newbie question

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
Just got my first tractor ever delivered, shopping for QA forks. The silly question is am I looking for specific for tractor QA or do skid steer attachments work on it?

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
Skid steer quick attachments will fit, but just be aware that a skid steer your tractor is not. In other words, be aware of how heavy the attachment with respect to your loader capacity.

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
Skid steer quick attachments will fit, but just be aware that a skid steer your tractor is not. In other words, be aware of how heavy the attachment with respect to your loader capacity.
Thanks. For now, just looking for a set of forks, any recommendations from anyone?

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
I don't personally own a set of ssqa forks. Mine are clamp on types from my previous tractor that had a pin on bucket. I've heard a lot of good things about Everything Attachments though.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
My SS QA pallet forks are WorkSaver brand. They seem well built and have taken some abuse from me

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
PapaJ...... In a very short answer just bite the bullet and get the land pride PFL1242 forks.

It will be one of the best $ spent on a implement.

I wish I had the SSQA , but I have a pin on bucket.... Tried the (cheap) Titan clamp on forks.... (IMHO) the suck. I sold them after just one use. I then went with the BXpanded forks.... And honestly, they are very good for what they do... But having a real pallet fork frame would be so awesome!

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
Thanks. For now, just looking for a set of forks, any recommendations from anyone?

SSQA Pallet forks from BXattachments.com weigh 180 lbs

Landpride PFL1242 weigh 220 lbs

Worksaver ssqa pallet forks weigh 220 lbs

Artillian Frame and Forks - weigh about 215 lbs

The Artillian frame allows you to later add a grapple using same frame

Think you'll find the PFL1242 or worksaver will be the least expensive options of the ones I have researched.

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
I've got the PFL2042 forks with SSQA for my BX23S and they're probably my most utilized accessory. They go on & off in seconds and let me carry brush, stumps, logs, tools, lawn equipment, tables, my mid-mount mower, I could go on and on and on. Definitely worth the money!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
SSQA Pallet forks from BXattachments.com weigh 180 lbs

Landpride PFL1242 weigh 220 lbs

Worksaver ssqa pallet forks weigh 220 lbs

Artillian Frame and Forks - weigh about 215 lbs

The Artillian frame allows you to later add a grapple using same frame

Think you'll find the PFL1242 or worksaver will be the least expensive options of the ones I have researched.
The land pride price is right, but the weight on the BX Attachments one is better given the rating of my tractor being just over 400 pounds. I'm sure it can do more, but I don't want to push it and break anything for at least 90 days. ;-)

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Hello PapaJ. I have a set of Titan (palletforks.com) quick attach forks. They have a rated capacity of 2800 lb, which is way more than the tractor will lift. They seem pretty rugged to me. I used them to rip out stumps, pick up brush, and a lot of other things. My purchase was based on low cost. They don't adjust side to side, but they are spaced apart as much as pallet forks typically spaced in use. I am not a fan of Titan fit and finish, and I have has my own Titan issues, but they do the job. Just as I expected, the fit and finish is not great, but I don't plan to enter them in a beauty contest any time soon. Lastly, although rugged enough, they are not massively heavy, so they don't deduct as much from lifting capacity.

A thought on bolt on , attached to the bucket, forks. You are lifting the bucket dead weight as well as the fork weight. Consider that when you figure out how much remaining capacity you will have.

Good luck to you. Enjoy your time with the best new toy you ever had. That will wear off soon enough, but you will still have the best tool you ever had.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If you buy purpose-designed pallet forks you are not going to hurt your new tractor. If you try to lift something too heavy... it simply won’t lift it.... it won’t cause damage..... UNLESS you buy “clamp-on” forks ..which will bend your bucket.

If you presently have “pin on” loader and bucket and you buy a pin on pallet fork assy, you will become frustrated by the process of changing them out if you do so very frequently. If you convert to SSQA then you’ll spend a lot of money and it’ll be adding a lot of weight to your loader and also to your implement...which will reduce their utility. A better solution which I’ve posted in other threads ...and which I did and am very satisfied, is in this video. I bought mine from Danannah@gmail.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuktqggNDCw

I LEAVE UPPER PINS installed and never remove them, so I only get off the tractor once to disconnect or reconnect.

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
If you buy purpose-designed pallet forks you are not going to hurt your new tractor. If you try to lift something too heavy... it simply won’t lift it

This is the best thing I've heard since I got my tractor. Which was yesterday. Since I have added weight of the QA, implement weight is really the most important factor to me, since I'll be moving cement bags, horse feed and the like.

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
UNLESS you buy “clamp-on” forks ..which will bend your bucket.
This has not been my experience with my clamp on forks. I've used them on two different tractors without bending the bucket. I'm sure if they were used incorrectly, this would be the case. I've lifted 1000# + with mine without issue and I only have a light material bucket. For heavy loads, a strap should be wrapped around the outside of the bucket. The main issue that I have with clamp on forks is that they move the load even further out and the bucket being there is still an obstacle. With a smaller tractor, the former is going to be a bigger concern than bending the bucket.

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
T. For heavy loads, a strap should be wrapped around the outside of the bucket.
I saw a video where a guy was comparing clamp on and SSQA, he went with land pride in the end, but started with clamp ons. Anyway, he would put a 2x6 between the forks, and use a chain binder to tension the forks against the board, so they wouldn't slide or put weird pressure on the forks.

I saw a set of QA forks on Northern Tool under $500. No doubt Chinese, and I'd probably end up regretting them if I went that way. Was looking at their tractors before I got Orangie, but they are also Chinese and have like 8 gears or something silly like that. I can't imagine trying to figure that out. I like they hydrostatic trans.

markchief

Mar 26, 2017
East Windsor CT USA
Buy forks rated for the lift capacity of your loader when you get it. Also get the cross-bar stabilizer to stop them from pivoting. Do NOT raise your loader any higher 2' off the ground (until you learn to operate the bucket controls smoothly) than you need to in order to move. Some stabilizer bars have inserts for 2x4s sticking up to keep loads from rolling back on you. Look at You-Tube for what can happen when bucket is fully raised, and load falls back on operator. Especially happens when loading dump trucks, you'll need to slowly open(dump) to avoid getting crushed. Everything Attachments & Titan Industries are both American small manufacturers who make good quality frks. The forklift attachment for your tractor could add about 500# meaning that much less dumpable load per pass, its a productivity issue. Overloaded high bucket position is the #1 cause of operator failure/injury in U.S.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
PapaJ...... In a very short answer just bite the bullet and get the land pride PFL1242 forks.

It will be one of the best $ spent on a implement.

I wish I had the SSQA , but I have a pin on bucket.... Tried the (cheap) Titan clamp on forks.... (IMHO) the suck. I sold them after just one use. I then went with the BXpanded forks.... And honestly, they are very good for what they do... But having a real pallet fork frame would be so awesome!
Everything attachments sells a set for the pinned on buckets. Remove bucket and install forks. Kind of a pain I guess, but would give you a fork frame instead of clamp ons.