2019 BX2380
Jul 19, 2012
Grand Haven, Mi USA
Yesterday I picked up a nice kubota bx2230
Nice tractor, 4wd, diff lock, 60 belly mower etc

Works great, runs like a top, doesnt overheat, doesnt leak oil or any fluids

looks like new, only has about 890 hours on the 3 cylinder diesel

I have a few questions about it

1. When it starts, its shakes pretty good...is this normal?
2. When i shut if off, it shakes pretty good, again is it normal?
3. I plan on changing the oil, using rotella t6 full synthetic 5w40 (going into a michigan fall/winter ahead) Im assuming i should use kubota filters? Id prefer to use napa gold......does anybody recommend this over kubota filters?

4. i seen a thread link about the mower deck adjustment height....so i wont ask about that

5. Is there anything on a bx2230 that i should keep and eye on? its a 2007 model with 890 hours.....so far its been great!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
congrats man.

Yes, they do shake when starting/shutting down. They used to have large rubber engine mounts (at least in 2006). As long as you don't have any banging the mount is fine. I'd suggest that you raise the throttle a bit when idling. I went thru at least 4 air filter brackets on the BX23 due to the engine vibration at idle. Finally gave up and just strapped it.

One thing to be mindful of is the HST fan under the tractor. make sure it's in tact. Not sure what your usage entails, but if busting thru woods, I'd strongly suggest a set of underbelly guards. I had a set of Bro-Tech on mine. Had to replace the HST once on it...not a really fun 2hr job.

Enjoy.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Welcome fellow Michigander, hope frostbitten is not a forecast, but you guys near the lake get more snow than we do. To answer one question as an overview of many opinions, not many prefer Napa over Kubota filters. Lots of discussions on it . Several good synthetic engine oils out there, but hydraulic oil and filters recommend Kubota. Since your tractor is new to you, use it as a reason to meet your local dealer you might need him.

Frostbitten

Equipment
2019 BX2380
Jul 19, 2012
Grand Haven, Mi USA
congrats man.

Yes, they do shake when starting/shutting down. They used to have large rubber engine mounts (at least in 2006). As long as you don't have any banging the mount is fine. I'd suggest that you raise the throttle a bit when idling. I went thru at least 4 air filter brackets on the BX23 due to the engine vibration at idle. Finally gave up and just strapped it.

One thing to be mindful of is the HST fan under the tractor. make sure it's in tact. Not sure what your usage entails, but if busting thru woods, I'd strongly suggest a set of underbelly guards. I had a set of Bro-Tech on mine. Had to replace the HST once on it...not a really fun 2hr job.

Enjoy.
no banging, just shakes when starting/stopping.....just wanted to make sure its ok.

no go thru the woods, if i did it would be a groomed trail for sure

ill go ahead and find kubota filters, i think i saw a filter kit on amazon so ill look into that

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
1. When it starts, its shakes pretty good...is this normal?
Yes its a diesel

2. When i shut if off, it shakes pretty good, again is it normal?
Again yes its a diesel

3. I plan on changing the oil, using rotella t6 full synthetic 5w40 (going into a michigan fall/winter ahead) Im assuming i should use kubota filters? Id prefer to use napa gold......does anybody recommend this over kubota filters?
Any good quality DIESEL oi will do just fine, you pick the name and color of the can
We all know the big K does not make their own filters, some say they are made by WIX, I dont know, but I use KUBOTA filters, I figure they are made to a factory spec, whatever that might be.