New member of with old questions just got his tractor.

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
A follow-up to my post from 2 weeks ago. Just got my tractor today.
The PO just finished with it this week and he delivered it around noon today. I put a sizable deposit and let him use it to finish up some small jobs.
He pressure washed it, changed the oil, topped off trans. And gave me owners manuals, extra cutting edge, 3 point hitch, gal. Sudt.
I worked on it all afternoon. Needs many little things but nothing major. All easy fixes.
Outrigger cyl. gland seal, some dope on npt fittings, a throttle pedel, etc
Working on parts list now. Here's a pic.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Looks like a capable machine, congrats! I have the larger cousin, it is a real workhorse. I am sure you will get many years of use! Be careful putting any of the B series implements on the L (rake, blade), it will tear them up before you know it.

Titan17

Equipment
L3901 TLB, Caroni RFM, Scag Wildcat ZTR, Piranha TB,York RE 96", MTL HD 48" grap
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
Looks like a capable machine, congrats! I have the larger cousin, it is a real workhorse. I am sure you will get many years of use! Be careful putting any of the B series implements on the L (rake, blade), it will tear them up before you know it.
Thks for the thumbs up. I'll probably never use 3ph. I have a b2910 and none of my implemants have enough weight.
I got rid of the backhoe off the B with intensions of getting a mini ex but this came along for I think a good price.
I couldn't get a low hr KX71 for same price.

Last edited:

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
A follow-up to my post from 2 weeks ago. Just got my tractor today.
The PO just finished with it this week and he delivered it around noon today. I put a sizable deposit and let him use it to finish up some small jobs.
He pressure washed it, changed the oil, topped off trans. And gave me WSM, owners manuals, extra cutting edge, 3 point hitch, gal. Sudt.
I worked on it all afternoon. Needs many little things but nothing major. All easy fixes.
Swing cyl. gland seal, some tape on npt fittings, a throttle pedel, etc
Working on parts list now. Here's a pic.
Hmm.....didn't see any questions.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Never tape on hydraulic fitting only pipe dope, the tape can cause some serious issues with valves and quick connect fittings. ;)

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
For our area that looks like a hell of a deal! What does she have for hours on her?

Titan17

Equipment
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
For our area that looks like a hell of a deal! What does she have for hours on her?
1420 hrs. The owner took good care but his son beat it up a little. Always garaged till last year. It's a 2006.
I'm pretty happy with it..

Titan17

Equipment
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
Never tape on hydraulic fitting only pipe dope, the tape can cause some serious issues with valves and quick connect fittings. ;)
Thanks for the tip. Force of habit saying tape. I'm used to doing home plumbing repairs. I can see how pieces would wind up in various valves.

Last edited:

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Very interesting as my dealer used tape when they assembled and mounted the FEL. I am very shall I say picky with my stuff and the non trimmed zip ties and teflon hanging from the fittings really bothered me.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Good looking tractor OP. Always liked the way these looked.

Another thing that strikes me is how the rims and tires don't seem to match the rest of the tractor. Very faded and worm out tread wise. Never seen a rim look that bad while the plastic roof and hood still looked Kubota orange either. That's a lot of fad too given how long it was garage kept. Slow selling tractors will set outside much longer than that.

Titan17

Equipment
Jan 13, 2019
Uncasville, CT
Good looking tractor OP. Always liked the way these looked.

Another thing that strikes me is how the rims and tires don't seem to match the rest of the tractor. Very faded and worm out tread wise. Never seen a rim look that bad while the plastic roof and hood still looked Kubota orange either. That's a lot of fad too given how long it was garage kept. Slow selling tractors will set outside much longer than that.
I noticed that too about the wheels. They're the only thing faded. My other tractor is 04. Had since 06 and always garaged.
The wheels and hyd cylinders are the only thing faded on that one too. I wax them every year; lots of oxidation. I used to own a body shop, some paints die out before others. Has to do with the resins used in the binders.
Makes sense that different paints are used when manufacturing. Probably made in different factories???

It is 13 years old. Not babied like my b2910. But definitely not a construction or rental unit as far as condition.
It will be really nice when I finish it. Worked on it all day.

Last edited: