New member/New L3800DT

Drew584

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT W/FEL, and 60'' LP Brushhog
Jun 17, 2013
Mannford ok
Hi everybody, new member here! I just upgraded from a 9n tractor to the L3800DT, LA524FEL, 4x4, and love it.

My question is: Has anybody put a third function on there tractor for like a grapple, and if so bout what did it cost. I have 80 acres, half woods and half pasture mixed with cedar trees, and would like a grapple put on this to make pilling up cedars a lot easier for burning. I'll mostly be using the tractor for brush hogging and food plots.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
You can buy a third function kit for around $800 or you can probably find all the fittings and hoses, valve for about $300

Txcowboy13

Equipment
L-4400 with LA 703 FEL, 6' Bushhog, disc, roll hipper
Jun 22, 2013
Nederland, Texas, US
Depending on the size of the cedar and root system, you may be able to pull them up with a chain and hooks welded on you FEL " Front End Loader" , I placed the hooks inline with the Hydraulic on the bucket to make sure when lifting you don't flip the tractor. I also welded an 8" D ring in the middle of the bucket which comes in handy when transporting the tractor. I anchor the tractor with a chain to make sure that if all fails, brakes , etc. The chains should hold in place. It just an old practice that we use when I was working in a maintenance crew. Probably cost about $ 30 for 2 hooks and D ring. I had the welder.

Attachments

jteague

Equipment
1986 L2850DT 5' Y Line Rotary Cutter; 5' Box Scrape
Jun 10, 2013
Rock Spring, GA
SUBSTANTIAL upgrade! Congrats on the new ride and welcome!

Hi everybody, new member here! I just upgraded from a 9n tractor to the L3800DT, LA524FEL, 4x4, and love it.

My question is: Has anybody put a third function on there tractor for like a grapple, and if so bout what did it cost. I have 80 acres, half woods and half pasture mixed with cedar trees, and would like a grapple put on this to make pilling up cedars a lot easier for burning. I'll mostly be using the tractor for brush hogging and food plots.

09Ram

Equipment
09 Ram 2500, Grand L3830, GST, 6 ft Brushhog, 6 ft Box Blade, 8 ft Disk, Auger
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
Welcome to a fellow Okie... I have a L3830 GLT and it is an awesome machine... upgrade from and old IH 2 wheel drive. I work mine most every day on something. Mainly brushhogging and some dirt work right now but it won't be long till it will be time to do the food plots... You will love that 3800! HUGE upgrade!