New M7060 have some concerns.

kygoatfarm

Equipment
m7060
Aug 26, 2020
ky
Hello, I recently purchased a new M7060 a couple months ago and had some questions about what is normal in its operation. I have always driven tractors that are 40+ years old and are well versed in repairing and keeping them running so Im not a stranger to mechanical issues. I have put right around 85 hrs on the new 7060 and there are a couple things that bug me about it. First, is a vibration in the steering when you are turning it a significant distance from side to side, like when roll baling and getting the bale started with weaving. Its an oscillating vibration that goes in and out as the steering wheel is turning. Its felt in the steering wheel as well as through the tractor. 2nd, concern is a steady fairly significant vibration when the tractor is in 4wd and going in a straight line. Its almost a grinding kind of vibration, most noticeable in the upper gears of low range, reminds me of a differential problem. You wouldn’t think this would have front diff problems while so new. I have used it for about half it’s hours doing loader work in 4wd. And about 10 hrs of time work in slick conditions with lots of spinning. I would hope it’s sturdy enough for this kind of work Any thoughts on these issues? Is this normal? Thanks!

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
It would be wise to check the torque of all wheel lug nuts and any other wheel fasteners depending upon the style of wheels you have

Dave

kygoatfarm

Equipment
m7060
Aug 26, 2020
ky
Everything seems to be torqued to spec. Not sure what to do next. I guess I could try having a service department look at it. It has plenty of warranty left.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
in the steering column/post, directly under the steering wheel if you removed the wheel is a bushing. That bushing is kind of a hard rubber, and is supposed to absorb vibration. BUT what I have seen in the past is that there is insufficient lubrication between the bushing and the steering shaft, and you know what happens when you slide rubber over a harder surface? Vibration, squeaking sometimes, etc, only when turning the steering wheel and it was kind of erratic and intermittent it seemed.

So what I was doing for a while was removing the steering wheel, pop the bushing out and apply some good silicone based grease. This seemed to solve that vibration issue. It was an issue for a while, but seems to have mostly disappeared. Most of the time it was ROPS tractors (open station, non-cab) but a few cabs as well. I figure because the rops tractors sat outside in the weather may have had something to do with it while the cabins tended to help to protect the steering post bushings from the elements. Just a theory, with no real evidence to support it, but I'm sticking to it.

However, due to the design of the tractor's hydraulic power steering system, you will feel some pulsating of the hydrualic pump from time to time. It's very very hard to detect, but some people notice it more than others, and some not at all. First one I was on, I picked it up, very high frequency, and the frequency changes with engine speed (faster engine speed=high frequency of felt vibration in the steering wheel). This is again, nit picking and now I never even notice it. There are some other things that dealers would want to check as well, but I didn't see any bulletins/recalls for the M7060 for this complaint.

Reactions: 1 user

kygoatfarm

Equipment
m7060
Aug 26, 2020
ky
Thanks. Something I will look into. I do tend to notice every vibration and detail of sound. The vibration in the steering I would consider mild. The grinding like vibration in 4wd does concern me more. Having no experience with newer 4wd tractors had me wondering what normal is.

kygoatfarm

Equipment
m7060
Aug 26, 2020
ky
Something I thought of that’s maybe related. I have been having problems with the loader valve. When you run the loader for 30 min plus it begins to cut out at a certain position. It’s when you are raising the boom and tipping the bucket at the same time to dump the bucket. It booms up fine but 3/4 way through tipping the bucket it goes limp. You have to let off control and hit it again and it finishes the dumping. Meanwhile the raising of boom is unaffected. It only does it this when hot and only with the bucket tipping while booming. I had the service department out and they did some pressure checks and sent info to Kubota. I have not heard back if they are going to replace the valve or not. Could this valve problem cause steering related vibration do to the hydraulic fluid routing? What about 4wd. Is hydraulic fluid in use for this function?
Thanks!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
This is a long shot and perhaps a lame idea, but with regard to the vibration issue in 4WD, could they have put the front drive shaft on with the u-joint not properly phased?

just a thought. Might be worth checking.

Doing so will eliminate one straw...:)

britej

Equipment
M7060HD
Jun 5, 2020
Queen City Texas
I bought a new m7060 in June.. mine does have that almost grinding feel in 4x4 as well (very slightly). I can tell just by the sound and feel when the 4x4 disengages (if it doesnt disengage immediately). I just assumed its a beveled gear front end characteristic

kygoatfarm

Equipment
m7060
Aug 26, 2020
ky
I bought a new m7060 in June.. mine does have that almost grinding feel in 4x4 as well (very slightly). I can tell just by the sound and feel when the 4x4 disengages (if it doesnt disengage immediately). I just assumed its a beveled gear front end characteristic
That’s interesting. Maybe it’s a normal characteristic? It can be easy to notice every little thing when it’s a new expensive machine.

dirtsculptor

Equipment
Kubota M7060 and Case CX37C
Jan 20, 2022
California
Hello, I recently purchased a new M7060 a couple months ago and had some questions about what is normal in its operation. I have always driven tractors that are 40+ years old and are well versed in repairing and keeping them running so Im not a stranger to mechanical issues. I have put right around 85 hrs on the new 7060 and there are a couple things that bug me about it. First, is a vibration in the steering when you are turning it a significant distance from side to side, like when roll baling and getting the bale started with weaving. Its an oscillating vibration that goes in and out as the steering wheel is turning. Its felt in the steering wheel as well as through the tractor. 2nd, concern is a steady fairly significant vibration when the tractor is in 4wd and going in a straight line. Its almost a grinding kind of vibration, most noticeable in the upper gears of low range, reminds me of a differential problem. You wouldn’t think this would have front diff problems while so new. I have used it for about half it’s hours doing loader work in 4wd. And about 10 hrs of time work in slick conditions with lots of spinning. I would hope it’s sturdy enough for this kind of work Any thoughts on these issues? Is this normal? Thanks!

Yeah, I have a new one, 2021, and it was making a vibration and turned out the alternator belt was loose. I have top and tilt, and they seem to over leak, and the rippers and tilt bleed down to fast.

I did get the 12 speed, and glad I did, because even that 4wd is a bit slippy without applying the dif lock. I had a L48 with hydrostat, so getting used to the shuttle shift. Why didn't they put that on the deck like a hydrostat? I originally wanted a gearmore hydraulic ripper, and dealer talked me into landpride. They sold me a 72". The first time I put it on the ground, it lifted up 90 degrees, broke the ram in half and slammed into the PTO. At first they blamed it on me, "what did you do." I then did some googling and found Land Pride sheet that specifically excluded the 72" from a M7060. They ordered me a 84" gearmore, claiming it was too big they thought. I love it. But I hope my pto wasn't damaged. I paid 10,000 dollars for the unlimited warranty. It is worth it, because I destroyed my L48 and warranty was awesome, but It was a lot cheaper then. I was shocked at the 10k price tag, but didn't want one of these lightweight equipment without it. Also, they put the Land Pride 4&1 bucket. Piece of crap, you can't grab logs with it without a struggle, they put the teeth grips in a ridiculous pattern. I have to weld some on still. I had the gearmore on my L48, and loved it. I wouldn't buy anything from LandPride. That stuff sux. 70 grand for a tractor, and I'm still not with a tractor that acts new. If I don't start it for a few days, the battery is dead. I have 100 hours on it.