New L4600 in Garage

zman8537

Equipment
Mowing, Snow Plowing, Hauling
Sep 8, 2013
Chicora, PA
Keep it in 2wd and it shouldn't tear up the ground too bad and don't turn real fast and sharp.
It seems to tear it up in 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. I will try to not turn too fast and see what that does but so far I am still pretty happy with my purchase!:D:D I started cleaning up a row of logs that are starting to decay and it worked well. I ordered one of the pirahna tooth bars and I think it will even work better after installed. Sure beats picking up piece by piece and loading it into my RTV.

Attachments

jimsdeere1010

Equipment
L4600 4x4 FEL, WD 45, WD 40 Allis Chalmers
Nov 11, 2013
Wayland, Ia
Just joined,
I just traded my 200 Allis for a L4600 DT 4WD with loader. I don't have it yet, they are installing 2 sets of wheel weights, back work light, a set of remotes. I'm also getting a set of forks and a tooth bar. I was trying to decide between the 3800 and the 4600. I went over all the specs and figured the 3800 would do the job. My wife said I would always regret not buying the bigger one and I do lift a lot of big bales. The 200 Allis was mainly used for big bales or had a big blade on it. I also have a WD45 and a WD 40 with a loader. I am gone quite a bit and this tractor seems very user friendly for my wife if she needs to move snow or feed the calves. The bad….it will be delivered next week and I will be gone when it arrives. I do hate to see the big Allis go, but just don't need it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome Jim I think you will find some good info in here and some fun as well,, Z just something I learned if you cut real tight they will tear up the turf,, take everything slow and wide and back up if you have to just try to avoid the tight turns,, and you know you are having way to much fun with your little beastey,,,,lol,, aint it wonderful:D