kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar

trevoroni

Equipment
B6000
May 24, 2023
Canada
I hate to tell you but the original wiring for the lights was 12V and it was supplied buy the rectifier.

View attachment 131494

View attachment 131495
If the AC connection going out of the rectifier to the S post of the light switch is 12V DC then it is connected directly to the Yellow AC wire coming from the generator and to the G2 terminal when the switch is on which is also AC coming directly from the Generator.

The lights might be 12V DC but the DC power would be coming from the B terminal on the light switch.

I'm confused why there are 3 wires from the generator going to the light switch at all.

This post from Dave_eng seemed to make sense but looking at it again I don't think that is correct either.

I have marked up the 3 wire B6000 wiring diagram in two formats. JPEG and pdf. The pdf is attached and the JPEG is immediately visible. Depending upon your computer and printer one format may print more clearly than the other.

View attachment 80564

In the box showing the circuit diagram of the Main Switch, the Starting Switch and the Light Switch the light switch box says both positions 1 & 2 are the same. One position is not brighter than the other.

The dynamo is putting out 3 phase AC voltage. One pair of these phases is used to charge the battery thru the rectifier. These are colored Purple and blue,

Another pair is putting out AC to the headlight. These are colored Yellow and Purple,

If you try replacing your existing headlights with LED's most LED's wont work on AC. A few owners have reported success with LED's but I have not seen this myself but these products are always evolving.

The headlights are not high and low beam. The headlight brightness will increase with higher engine rpm.

Dave
It looks like when the light switch is turned on the B and T terminals are connected which supplies 12V to the lights and the S and G2 terminals are connected which connects another leg of the generator together to supply more power...

Is this correct?
I hate figuring out electrical circuits.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Must have been tired last night...
I ordered the replacement wire last night based on looking at the wiring diagram...
AV3 is not 3ga... It's more like 12ga!
Should have used my brain looking at the actual wires.
Luckily I've got lots of 12ga wire and fittings here. The 2ga stuff is going back, or I'll add it to my stock for future projects.
I went through the rest of the small wires in the loom tonight and it looks like the wire to the solenoid got the worst of it and I'll replace it.
The rest of them have a few wear spots in the insulation so I'll electrical tape and/or heat shrink those spots before heat shrinking the whole lot together again.
I'm tempted to seperate the wire going from the starter to the main switch and the wire going to the glow plugs from the rest of the auxiliary wires to keep this from happening again for the future owner in 60 years. 😂
I wondered about that 2Ga order.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
If the AC connection going out of the rectifier to the S post of the light switch is 12V DC then it is connected directly to the Yellow AC wire coming from the generator and to the G2 terminal when the switch is on which is also AC coming directly from the Generator.

The lights might be 12V DC but the DC power would be coming from the B terminal on the light switch.

I'm confused why there are 3 wires from the generator going to the light switch at all.

This post from Dave_eng seemed to make sense but looking at it again I don't think that is correct either.

It looks like when the light switch is turned on the B and T terminals are connected which supplies 12V to the lights and the S and G2 terminals are connected which connects another leg of the generator together to supply more power...

Is this correct?
I hate figuring out electrical circuits.
all i know is, anytime you have a reg/rec in these circuits ?..this tells me it takes ac voltage from the gen/stator..and converts the ac to dc voltage.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can feed one or 2 legs of AC to the switch and lights and because one of feeds is through the rectifier it blocks the AC effect and makes it DC, it's called clipping, or half wave rectifying.
they use mutiple poles to change the amperage (Low/ High) to the lights.
FYI: Incandescent bulbs do not care if you feed them AC or DC they work the same.
You can also feed AC to an LED but it bust have the capacity to withstand
the old dynamos (three wire) were three pole /three phase or delta dynamos, and the newer dynamos (2 wire) are 2 phase.
They work the same, just one less pole to work with.

Last edited:

trevoroni

Equipment
B6000
May 24, 2023
Canada
Thanks for your awesome info Wolfman.

I got the wiring harness almost buttoned up tonight.

1000004691.jpg

1000004692.jpg

1000004693.jpg

1000004694.jpg

Just have to put ends on the wires for the main switch from the starter and to the glow plugs, shorten the ones going to headlights that are wrapped around the air intake, and get rid of the wire nuts under the be dash for the light circuit.